Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Re: X-Men 3 Opening Weekend: Gambling on the Box Office

I'm going with the over. But then again, I've had an X3 teaser poster on my wall for more than a year now...

I hear that Jean Grey destroys everything - I'll see X3 at least 5 times this weekend.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:59 PM

llabb, I hate you and all of your kind. You are the reason good directors and good story writers get replaced by people like:

Simon Kinberg
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1334526/

Who brought us classics like xXx: State of the Union and Mr. & Mrs. Smith

and Brett Ratner
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0711840/

You want to know why your favorite movie series got [censored] up? Its because of people like you. So when the next one comes out and is made by even WORSE screenwriters and Patrick Stewart is replaced with his "look-a-like" Danny DeVito go ahead and spend 12 hours in line so you can give them even more money on opening day.

DIE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
llabb, I hate you and all of your kind.

DIE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Where did this come from? Sorry, I really have no idea what you're talking about. You hate me because I want to see X-Men 3, or you hate me because I wager on box office results? And how does this relate to quality creative people being replaced?

Bizarre, I have no idea where this sudden venom comes from or why.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:13 PM

I just saw on the news that X-men is expected to break records. People vote with their wallet. Everyone just told hollywood they want more crappy movies like this. So expect the Bryan Singers to be replaced with Simon Kinberg's on a regular basis.

I want to see this movie to but I'm not giving them my money. I'm waiting for DVD.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw on the news that X-men is expected to break records. People vote with their wallet. Everyone just told holleywood they want more crappy movies like this. So expect the Bryan Singers to be replaced with Simon Kinberg's on a regular basis.

I want to see this movie to but I'm not giving them my money. I'm waiting for DVD.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize you are still giving them your money by waiting for the DVD, whether you rent it or buy it right?
~Justin
Old 05-26-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just saw on the news that X-men is expected to break records. People vote with their wallet. Everyone just told holleywood they want more crappy movies like this. So expect the Bryan Singers to be replaced with Simon Kinberg's on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize you are still giving them your money by waiting for the DVD, whether you rent it or buy it right?
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

1) it's not as much
2) it depends on how you rent the dvd. (borrow from friend, group discount, etc)
3) there are things like torrents (not that I do that)

Going to the theater on opening night is the best way to maximize their profits.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:26 PM

Lol, what in the world does this have to do with me, and who are "all of my kind?" Of course X-Men will sell lots of tickets. People love the franchise and enjoyed the first two movies.

A multitude of people, if not the majority, are probably not even aware that the director was changed, or of the credentials of the current director. People wanting to see X3 simply has to do with people enjoying the X-Men.

If this movie sucks, and they were to continue the franchise with a poor creative team, their results would suffer in the future. See the Batman franchise.

Anyway, next time, please simply direct your rant where it should properly be due and not at me. If you are lamenting the change of director, I am with you.

If you want someone to blame, maybe you can use Halle Berry as a scapegoat. Previous rumors were that she was a pain to work with and demanded a much bigger role, which Singer did not want to give her. Big fight, and since she's locked into the contract, producers sided with her and let Singer go. Not sure how much of it is true, and there are many other issues involved as well of course, primarily the timing of Superman, but it seems to fit. And she sucks as Storm.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, next time, please simply direct your rant where it should properly be due and not at me. If you are lamenting the change of director, I am with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I direct my rant at how people vote. And people vote with their wallets.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want someone to blame, maybe you can use Halle Berry as a scapegoat. Previous rumors were that she was a pain to work with and demanded a much bigger role, which Singer did not want to give her.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is merely a scapegoat, money talks buddy! Although I agree she does pretty much blow.

[ QUOTE ]
A multitude of people, if not the majority, are probably not even aware that the director was changed, or of the credentials of the current director.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is stupidity/ignorance an excuse at a political voting booth too?
Old 05-26-2006, 04:46 PM

You also realize that movies make the majority of their profits from DVD sales now-a-days right? Their margin is much higher on DVDs than it is at the theatre. This was a thread about betting on box office figures not about trashing brett ratner anyway so let us have our fun.
~Justin
Old 05-26-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I direct my rant at how people vote. And people vote with their wallets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, hatred and deathwishes for every single person seeing X3 this weekend? Pace yourself, that's a lot of rage.

Perhaps you should console yourself by profiting off the movie. If they're going to screw you with a bad director, at least a thicker wallet may help you feel better.