Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Cingular Wireless

[ QUOTE ]
What do you recommend for a PDA phone? Or do you maybe recommend doing something like get a normal phone, and then a real pda like a dell axim and interfacing the dell axim with the phone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blackberry devices are pretty good. Cingular also released smart phones. I will give you some model numbers:

Blackberry 8700C
Cingular 2125
HP Ipaq 6515

Those are some strong PDA's, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT Go with Palm One Treo 650. And do not go with refurbs.

If you anticipate lots of internet use, scheduling stuff in your PDA, then it's all about preference. If you are going to use it for mostly voice services, go with a Nokia (most reliable) or a Sony Ericsson (Z520a or W600I). Motorola's crap out quite a bit, even the Razr.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:05 AM

I have been thinking about getting Cingular in the next few days. I was either going to get the Mpx220 or razr. Now I dunno. Should i get teh cingular 2250 or whatever its called? I dont wanna spend 300 bucks for the 8105 or whatever its model number is [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been thinking about getting Cingular in the next few days. I was either going to get the Mpx220 or razr. Now I dunno. Should i get teh cingular 2250 or whatever its called? I dont wanna spend 300 bucks for the 8105 or whatever its model number is [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not suggest the Mpx220. Razr phones are dated now, Motorola Slvr's and Sony Ericsson W600I's are the new hotness. I realized this when I saw some fat piece of trailer trash walking around with a Pink Razr. I held my head in shame as I quickly put away my grey/silver razr.

Cingular 2125 smart phones are good so far. Most PDA issues are once again, traced back to PalmOne Treo's. Again, if you are going to use your phone for mostly voice services, I would advise a Nokia or Sony Ericsson. Motorola if you like cool looking phones, and like gambling. Wait...this is 2p2....
Old 03-25-2006, 05:14 AM

You send the same text message to 5 listed people in your phone book. Does the system charge you for 1 text message or 5?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would not suggest the Mpx220. Razr phones are dated now, Motorola Slvr's and Sony Ericsson W600I's are the new hotness. I realized this when I saw some fat piece of trailer trash walking around with a Pink Razr. I held my head in shame as I quickly put away my grey/silver razr.

Cingular 2125 smart phones are good so far. Most PDA issues are once again, traced back to PalmOne Treo's. Again, if you are going to use your phone for mostly voice services, I would advise a Nokia or Sony Ericsson. Motorola if you like cool looking phones, and like gambling. Wait...this is 2p2....

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like gambling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...Ohh i remember what phone I wanted to ask about. The Samsung D307. since it flips both ways I thought that would be nice for text messaging. Its 200 bucks though. Would I be better off getting the Cingular 2125 even though it isnt a flip phone? I have a thing for flip phones because it protects the main screen while in my pocket, etc.

I guess I might check out the Sony Ericsson W600i. Mainly I want a phone with bluetooh ( for a wireless bluetooth headset. And just a decent looking cool easy to use phone.)
Old 03-25-2006, 05:29 AM

ALso, I am the lone vote for alltel [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] So anything will be an upgrade from waht i have now. haha
Old 03-25-2006, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You send the same text message to 5 listed people in your phone book. Does the system charge you for 1 text message or 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

5 text messages, and remember you are also charged for incoming text messages as well. lots of customers do not realize this
Old 03-25-2006, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do like gambling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...Ohh i remember what phone I wanted to ask about. The Samsung D307. since it flips both ways I thought that would be nice for text messaging. Its 200 bucks though. Would I be better off getting the Cingular 2125 even though it isnt a flip phone? I have a thing for flip phones because it protects the main screen while in my pocket, etc.

I guess I might check out the Sony Ericsson W600i. Mainly I want a phone with bluetooh ( for a wireless bluetooth headset. And just a decent looking cool easy to use phone.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are looking for a cool phone with bluetooth, I would recommend the Sony Ericsson W600I or Motorola Slvr. I have not heard a lot about the Samsung D307, have never spoken with a customer that has one. The W600I is a cool phone, it's a swivel phone.

Here is a link for the W600I. I may be getting new service with Cingular (possible move to the U.S.) and will likely go with the W600I because it's reliable, looks cool, and SWIVELS! OOOH
Old 03-25-2006, 05:41 AM

How is the Cingular PTT working out. I have Nextel but would consider switching to Cingular if the PTT is decent. (and how much does it add to your plan cost wise)?

thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 05:41 AM

I think I will probably go with the Sony. Do you know how cheap I can get it in store with a plan? Online it says I can get it for 100 bucks with online rebates and such. Im sure in store are more expensive. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]