Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Bought Pats tix on eBay... now seller needs them back?

Get the refund first, then send the tickets.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:56 PM

Its completely bogus that NFL teams are doing this.

I just heard at todays game that the Colts threatened to not renew tickets of someone they deemed to have been a habitual reseller vis stubhub.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the fact that the Colts actively promote stubhub by giving season ticket holder email lists to stubhub.

Heres the email I got from stubhub, who got my email from the colts:

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Colts Fan!

Football fans everywhere are looking to get their hands on tickets for the upcoming 2007 NFL season. If you have tickets for games you won't be attending, sell them on StubHub, Official Sponsor of the Indianapolis Colts!

If you're a season ticket holder and already know what games you'll be missing, but haven't received your tickets yet... so what! Just send them when you get them, up to two weeks before the game.

StubHub makes selling tickets EASY with no listing fees, express shipping and access to millions of eager fans. You just set your price. Leave shipment tracking and customer service to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want season ticket holders reselling tickets, maybe you shouldn't be promoting a service that does exactly that.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just heard at todays game that the Colts threatened to not renew tickets of someone they deemed to have been a habitual reseller vis stubhub.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the fact that the Colts actively promote stubhub by giving season ticket holder email lists to stubhub.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Colts Fan!

Football fans everywhere are looking to get their hands on tickets for the upcoming 2007 NFL season. If you have tickets for games you won't be attending, sell them on StubHub, Official Sponsor of the Indianapolis Colts!

If you're a season ticket holder and already know what games you'll be missing, but haven't received your tickets yet... so what! Just send them when you get them, up to two weeks before the game.

StubHub makes selling tickets EASY with no listing fees, express shipping and access to millions of eager fans. You just set your price. Leave shipment tracking and customer service to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want season ticket holders reselling tickets, maybe you shouldn't be promoting a service that does exactly that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it reselling tickets, or is it profit-making on those resold tickets that the Colts want to stop? The issue that the Pats have is that they don't want others making a profit on their tickets and scalping is illegal in Mass (I guess). If the Colts are still promoting StubHub then I am guessing they are ok with re-selling, just not the profit-making of marked up ticket prices.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Colts Fan!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reseslling <> scalping. DUCY???
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Sounds like you can either send the tickets back and get money or not send the tickets back, go to the game and get turned away. Which sounds better?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:12 AM

If all teams start to do this it, it is ridiculous. What are they gaining from not letting scalpers sell tickets?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If all teams start to do this it, it is ridiculous. What are they gaining from not letting scalpers sell tickets?

[/ QUOTE ]
People don't buy tickets that they don't intend to use personally. Which means fuller stadiums (ie there are no tix scalpers failed to unload) which leads to greater concession sales.