Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Internet Poker and its impact on B&Ms

[ QUOTE ]
televised Poker (with hole cams) is the best thing that ever happened to B&M poker

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:23 AM

The limit games in Gary are raked... not time charged....

but you could be right.. the players in gary are so bad... it makes playing more often very tempting.....
Old 12-12-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is what impact on B&Ms does the internet have?

[/ QUOTE ]

With the ability to play online poker on the internet, it has definitely given a large population of players access to a gambling venue that was only ever at the B&Ms....this in turn has definitely helped tournaments like the WSOP and WPT become as large as they have become....which of course, creates the much bigger prize pool.

I don't think any multi-table poker tournament would be as large as they are without the introduction of poker to new players.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:03 PM

I think the internet definitely brings more people into playing the game. They start playing low micro limits on line and if they win they will naturally look to play higher online and then maybe try a higher local or Vegas game that they couldn't afford to play if they hadn't learned the game in the cheap micro games.

If the internet ban sticks and can be enforced (doubtful) I think the B&Ms will have a short term gain because the millions playing on the internet will still want to play and have no other choice.

In the long term I think activity at B&M's and the big tournament (WSOP, WPT) attendance would take a big downturn because less people will be playing overall and there will definitely be less new players coming into the game.