Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: I\'m almost Busto!

I remember in the mid 90s, in Phoenix Az, 15/30 games where there were 9 (yes sports fan, 9) must move tables deep. F'ing heaven. NO more. McPhillips street I think is where the cansino was. The EZ cash is gone. Your post Worm is not a good sign.

Love always
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dropped down, but I found the lower limit games harder (flame away for this comment, but I cant deal with the lower limits).

Has it become a shark tank cause of the whole Neteller thing? I also have funds that I cant access and it is super frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm by no means a shark, but I've been playing lower stakes due to the Neteller fiasco. Since it's a pain to get money into FT and Stars, I'm playing/protecting/building the bankroll I had on the site before everything hit the fan (Neteller specifically).

I'd imagine at least a few others are doing the same.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:14 AM

Going through my own ups & downs...... (variance). Another 90$ made yesterday, I felt good, lost it all again today of course.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:09 AM

I am extremely happy to see Im not the only one. I really ate it towards the end. I could have re grouped after 100BBs and come back ready to play well, but I have said this before. When I get on a bad streak its like watching a major pile up. I cant wait to see what crash is coming next. And thats pretty much what happened.

Here is the sad thing. I saw it coming. I was at my peak BR late January and this came up, and I knew it was an omen.

On 6th street I am showing Trip Tens, bet not expecting a call as the villain has zero overcards. Villain calls, obv I am checking UI. I brick, villain bets, wtf. I call, villain flips quad 7s made on 7th street. I knew this was a bad sign. I made quads twice within five minutes that night, abd five minutes after that, I lost to the quad sevens. I have yet to have quads once since then, almost 4 weeks.

Now I am middle of my bad streak, but I have found 2-3 players that will call down any [censored] pair UI, so I have been finding them and trying to exploit. I start (K9)K and I am called by villain with a 10 door, 1 dead ten, perfect. This guy will call down. I make Kings up early, he continues to call, no flush, no straight draw I know I am a lock. I bet 7th, he raises. Are you f'ing kidding me! I call, he got the case ten on 7th.

Even when I put myself in the most +EV situations,something would go wrong. Oh well, I am gonna use my FPPs and play a little holdem and see if I can win some tourney dollars. I cant stay away for long. Hopefully in a couple weeks I will get my money from Neteller and all will be good.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:48 AM

Yeah, if you don't lose all your money you might want to work on your habits when you're running bad.

I'm so accustomed to running like [censored] every time I move up I'm more than happy to move a level or two (or ten) down from what normal was to regain confidence until I can move back to normal and eventually try to move up again. While it's sort of frustrating to be playing no lower than 30/60 for like 6 weeks and suddenly start getting killed, I'd much rather play 1/2-5/10 for a little bit to make myself feel better than to keep playing 30/60+ and go broke.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:47 AM

you know you can still deposit using Visa gift2go cards and still move money with ePassorte right?

IMO the games have gotten easier on FTP and PS, at least as far as S8b is concerned.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Beavis68

Right now there is one .25/.50 S8b going on FTP. Could you please define "easier" and it's effect on your potential $ per hour. IMO this area of FTP is a graveyard 24/7.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 PM

I guess February must be the month where everybody starts to cry about bad losing streaks they are experiencing. It's rough I know, but it's boring to hear. Maybe tell it to a priest or your dog instead. I think people would rather see specific hands to talk about here than to hear crying and whimpering.

Now go out and play some good poker!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM

I find when things are going bad. It’s best just to leave the table, and even stop playing for 4-5 days if I have a negative frame of mind.

When this is happening I tend to play counter strike [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , and replay my hands in poker tracker for a few days till I really fell like playing poker, and start to miss it.

Then I reset all my stats and start again.

The most important thing is not to try and force it, especially if you play for recreation.

What’s happens is you become jaded and start missing the small tells you would of picked up before, and as this is a game where 1-2 BB/100 becomes the difference between winning and losing its surprisingly easy to lose when you have negative frame of mind.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Did you have an adequate bankroll for the stakes you were playing?
Closed Thread