Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: PS 5-10 AA 240bb deep

[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure thats a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why he didn't check-raise all-in KK with a spade on this board ?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c KK very well could be good - no need to "bluff" it. Though I guess it is a reasonable option...i'm sure villain was slowed by the fact that hero could easily have AA.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:06 AM

I would puke......then call. He's bluffing here often enough for calling to be good IMO. Sick spot though.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 AM

The Ks seems like it would have led the turn. Once the As hits the turn he knows you don't have a spade if you now have top set. That being said, you will always check turn behind and hope board pairs. He must know this so why would he check and allow you a free shot at beating him.

I bet he has two red KK's. Call.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Ks seems like it would have led the turn. Once the As hits the turn he knows you don't have a spade if you now have top set. That being said, you will always check turn behind and hope board pairs. He must know this so why would he check and allow you a free shot at beating him.

I bet he has two red KK's. Call.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats a good point, but I have hard times thinking he would c/c the flop with these, but since it is Button vs BB maybe its not impossible.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Does he think you'd bet KK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or QQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on this flop(does he even think you'd 4bet QQ?)? Also, is he kinda a little too much on the aggressive side or on the passive side? If you don't know these things it's a fold(and you prob should pay more attention to the table). With better reads it could be a call but meh, he has to have like exactly QQ or KK w/o spade(as I doubt he bluffs with like a set).

Oh yeah, would he valuepush Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or even T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ? That complicates things a lot and probably depends on how he views you(stationish, nittish, etc)
Old 09-05-2007, 11:44 AM

If he is bluffing like many of you say here, why can't he be bluffing with the 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 of spades in his hand?

Putting him in red KK (one of the only hands you beat) isn't going to help in the longrun.

I think this is a fold.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he is bluffing like many of you say here, why can't he be bluffing with the 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 of spades in his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
preflop obv.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:52 AM

I mentioned red KK as a symbol of the type of hand he has. Didn't mean for it to be interpreted as red KK or bust...

He could have QQ, AK, or some funky crap for all I know. Given PF action though, I tend to tighten up his range where him showing up with 'random' spades shrinks enormously given turn line.

Also, That would be quite thin to make this play with a smaller spade. And, he would never make this play if he felt we had the Ks (obviously) so I put him on red KK's because it would be less likely for us to hold a K if he held 2 of them and the fact that preflop was 4bet and he called a flop PSB gives me the impression that he has a strong hand. KK seems to fit the bill (but again, I am not ruling out other holdings).