Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Any two can win!

if UTG is R.P. he'll have an overpair or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 100% of the time. i don't know about your image but i'm pretty nitty and he never folds to me.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if UTG is R.P. he'll have an overpair or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
UTG, a tight, white, skinny prop player raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played at Bay 101 in a while, but if it's an early-30's emaciated looking dude that looks a little like Abe Lincoln, I [censored] love this play.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if UTG is R.P. he'll have an overpair or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 100% of the time. i don't know about your image but i'm pretty nitty and he never folds to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a fobby looking azn.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 PM

This is probably one the best fold equity plays I know but I don't have the cajones for it.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if UTG is R.P. he'll have an overpair or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played at Bay 101 in a while, but if it's an early-30's emaciated looking dude that looks a little like Abe Lincoln, I [censored] love this play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know who you're talking about, but it's not that guy. This guy is older, maybe 50's/60's and a lot taller than the short Abe Lincoln dude.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Steve, I think. Extremely tight - maybe the tightest player I've seen there, but I'm sure he beats the 20 game pretty handily. If it is Steve, his UTG raising range is narrower than given; I'd say TT+/KQs+/AQo+ at the widest.

If Steve sees you as tight then I think this play has some chance of getting him to lay down any non-pair hand right now, even getting 13:1, and a follow-up river bet would fold out his AK/AQ almost certainly. I don't think the third player behind him will affect his decision that much, though, as he has probably also put them on overs.

Combined that with your nut flush outs (and hitting a pair may also be good), I like this play. I don't know that I'd make it, but I like it.

Edit: just saw that the prop is someone else. Against someone who isn't that tight, this may not work.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a fobby looking azn.

[/ QUOTE ]
B_BAN PLZ.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:14 PM

I'd usually say this play is a bit spewy, but I think this is actually the right opponent and the right board for it. So I like it.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if his name is R.P., I'll check his nametag the next time I see him.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:19 PM

You have as many as 17 outs so even if both players called this wouldn't be a disaster. True, your overcard outs and straight outs might be tainted, although I doubt either of your opponents holds a 6. I think that this is a perfect spot to make this play. No matter what, I bet the river.