Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Beat: I have HPV

Are you sure you have HPV and not something else? HPV is very very common, as 50% of people who are sexually active will get it sometime in their life. Although it usually doesn't show any symptoms in men, as it is primarily found to cause cervical cancer in women.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure you have HPV and not something else? HPV is very very common, as 50% of people who are sexually active will get it sometime in their life. Although it usually doesn't show any symptoms in men, as it is primarily found to cause cervical cancer in women.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been to the doctor several times for this so he probably had some bloodwork done to confirm. It is an incredibly common disease, and I've found that many (though not most in my age category) of the girls I hook up with do indeed already have it. The new vaccine will go a long way in assuaging the fears of those who don't, which is a great thing.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been to the doctor several times for this so he probably had some bloodwork done to confirm. It is an incredibly common disease, and I've found that many (though not most in my age category) of the girls I hook up with do indeed already have it. The new vaccine will go a long way in assuaging the fears of those who don't, which is a great thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they don't have a test that can determine if guys have HPV, you only know if you get the warts, but I'm not completely positive there.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they don't have a test that can determine if guys have HPV, you only know if you get the warts, but I'm not completely positive there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's true for men (bloodwork will not prove it exists) but if you give it to a woman they can diagnose her based on dysplasia in the pap smear (that's how I found out, my gf had an abnormal pap smear a few months after I got my warts). I still think having the genital warts in the first place is a good sign that you have it, however.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:38 AM

I'll take anything that adds a little girth.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:39 AM

My ex got HPV after she broke up with me. pwned
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]HAHAHAHAH
Old 04-16-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. But this is nasty little bubbles and very asymmetrical. Not very attractive, and I can see why OP is concerned about it.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:42 AM

my names carter. what carter are you talking about? way confused. and uhh 75 pct of ppl have some form of HPV.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. But this is nasty little bubbles and very asymmetrical. Not very attractive, and I can see why OP is concerned about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just say it's a french tickler...

On a serious note, I found out I had herpes after I'd already broken up with the girl I got it from. In the meantime she'd been with 3 other guys and she didn't know she had it. I say kudos to you for being up front about it and I would also encourage you to keep dating as long as you are being up front about your HPV and the women are okay with it. BTW I don't know how painful the warts might be, but when a herpes outbreak is full swing it is like pissing shards of glass...I almost think the warts would be better.