Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Re: can you beat the rake at 2/4?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beating the rake and making a living are two different questions.

Can you beat the rake at 2/4? Most definitely.

Can you make a living at 2/4? Not much of one as Jiggymike already pointed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely Positively False!

I have made a very good living for the past 3 years 12 tabling 2-4 and 3-6 full and then switching to 8 tables of 2-4 and 3-6 6 max.

My winrate over a million hands was over 2 BB/100 Plus rakeback + whatever bonuses and VIP promos were being handed out at the time. I was averaging over 700 Hands per hour at both 6 max and full ring.

I don't 8 table anymore as I have moved up to higher limits and I only play 4 at a time now.

If you can play break even poker at Wpex and 4 table the 5-10 games your talking about $70/hour just from rakeback alone. 10-20 Is about $85/hour and If i remember correcty I think rakeback at 3-6 was about $40-45/hour there and 2-4 was about $30-35/hour

If you play 6 max it's a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is some serious time at the computer. And not something everyone is cut out for. And I'll totally agree that bonus whoring can net you a decent 5 figures. 2bb/100 is pretty awesome for 12 tabling.

Sorry for the thread hijack but I'm confused about how you "make money" via rakebake. The house takes the rake from you but gives you a percentage back, correct? So in reality you are just paying less rake. Therefore if you are a break even player you are just not losing money as quickly to the rake as others. In other words if I paid $100 in rake you would have only paid say $50 due to rakebake. Do you get a percentage of every raked pot?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you get a percentage of every raked pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is, on WPEX at least, yes. I'm guessing the loose players are paying out proportionately more rake than the tighter players. I could be wrong though? Anyone?

At any rate I had the same thought as you did insofar as "making" money in rake, but it's true; I get about 12 bucks an hour (I'm guestimating here, I'm at work and don't have the figures in front of me) in rake only two-tabling at 2/4. So long as you can steal a blind or two and/or win a pot every other orbit, it's a money-maker.

Unfortunately the table selection at WPEX is pretty abysmal and I've been forced to split time with 1/2 or 3/6 tables from time to time.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beating the rake and making a living are two different questions.

Can you beat the rake at 2/4? Most definitely.

Can you make a living at 2/4? Not much of one as Jiggymike already pointed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely Positively False!

I have made a very good living for the past 3 years 12 tabling 2-4 and 3-6 full and then switching to 8 tables of 2-4 and 3-6 6 max.

My winrate over a million hands was over 2 BB/100 Plus rakeback + whatever bonuses and VIP promos were being handed out at the time. I was averaging over 700 Hands per hour at both 6 max and full ring.

I don't 8 table anymore as I have moved up to higher limits and I only play 4 at a time now.

If you can play break even poker at Wpex and 4 table the 5-10 games your talking about $70/hour just from rakeback alone. 10-20 Is about $85/hour and If i remember correcty I think rakeback at 3-6 was about $40-45/hour there and 2-4 was about $30-35/hour

If you play 6 max it's a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...I'm impressed! 700 hands per hour and one million hands total is a TON. Honestly, I can only conclude that you are a very good limit player and/or found some great games. My hat off [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 PM

Most people consider "break even" to include the rake. In other words, if you start with $1000, and play for 10 hours, and have $1000 at the end, then you played break even poker. During that time, you still contributed hundreds to rake, therefore the rake back will net you a nice profit.