Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: ATo - dealing with the donker

Looks OK to me.I play it the same most times.
On the other hand I have no problems folding sometimes either.
Calling down is an option.But I think raising somewhere is better for metagame reasons.You do want him to feel uncomfortable donking.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:20 PM

I like the way you played this hand. It would be interesting to know what kind of player CO is in this decision but raising and trying to get him out is a good line here. When he just calls flop I think you must bet turn. If he c/r turn I think we can fold. When he call turn and check river I check behind since I don't think theres much value in betting river since the only possible hand that he could maybe call with is a weaker ace.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Seems less likely that Villain donks with a hand we're ahead of given 3 players on a board that invites company and the lack of draws, so unless we can convince him to fold his 4x/small pp somewhere via aggression raising the flop doesn't seem like a great idea.

You say that his donks usually mean less than TP. Does he ever get away from them? Does he trust you enough to drop somewhere if you go on the offensive? If he shows down often a passive line seems best. I don't love that I'm not closing the action, but I just call this flop and see what happens unless CO is aggressive enough on "scary" boards to make life difficult.

Don't hate your line I guess, and you have to fire on the turn unless you're giving up right there... which wouldn't make much sense to me. It gets a bit tricky on the river since he might expect us to give up by then after he's demonstrated that he's showdown bound, but that might be justification in itself to fire a 3rd barrel. Which is another reason why I prefer a passive line -- pretty expensive way to get to showdown with a probable loser in a modest pot regardless of whether we take a final shot.