Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: What was with the \"top 4\" comment to Sanjaya?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm thinking the opposite... i think they were promoting him a bit...

[/ QUOTE ]

que eftee

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely I thought it was great for Sanjaya and people who own him. He got recognition, that's all good.

-Al
Old 02-23-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been wondering this ever since DialIdol had him in the #2 slot...we've never had (that I can remember), anyone else of Indian descent this high in the competition. "Bollywood" is huge, with regard to both music, and film. There are, as I'm sure you're all aware, a HUGE number of people of Indian descent in America who probably find someone representing them in a contest like this quite refreshing.

If that's the case, it would not surprise me if they were burning up the phone lines (and should continue to do so, particulary after Ryan touts their success in getting him to the top 4). Maybe I'm completely off-base, but it makes sense to me...and I'll admit, after I saw the DialIdol numbers for him, I picked up 20 shares of him.

To me, it's really not that much more far-fetched than folks from the Deep South getting Bo, Ruben, Taylor...etc. far up the food chain the last few seasons.

Am I nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]under this same logic though, wouldn't the Asian guy have made it farther?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
under this same logic though, wouldn't the Asian guy have made it farther?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wondering the same thing.... i get the idea though that indian community is very close-knit, and many came here alot more recently than chinese (wasn't sure if paul kim was chinese or korean).... i think asians get alot more attention/recognition in western media (not enough tough)

BTW, what cities/areas in USA have large east indian populations??? west coast?

thanks in advance!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

que eftee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is just some minor manipulation by the producers. When they have a reason (and only they know what that reason is), they let some results be known. I would not know where to begin the speculation as to why, but their job is to keep this monster of a show rolling along.
They did it a couple times lat year, most notably on the night Elliott got booted.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

que eftee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is just some minor manipulation by the producers. When they have a reason (and only they know what that reason is), they let some results be known. I would not know where to begin the speculation as to why, but their job is to keep this monster of a show rolling along.
They did it a couple times lat year, most notably on the night Elliott got booted.

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone think they want his fan base to get complacent and be eliminated? i think they want him to have momemtum, although they won't be able to fight him sucking each week (on second thought, ace stuck around)
Old 02-25-2007, 11:36 AM

If they want him around it is for the money. He probably appeals to a demographic that Ford would like to target.

I also recall reading speculation somewhere that they wanted to start an Idol show in India.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also recall reading speculation somewhere that they wanted to start an Idol show in India.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they are in season 2 already