Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Nutso 2k NL table

With your table you do not fold this.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is so dependent on your reads. Based on the descriptions you've given, I stick it in and gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thing. Especially because the instacall guy might hollywood AA/KK.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so dependent on your reads. Based on the descriptions you've given, I stick it in and gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thing. Especially because the instacall guy might hollywood AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2007, 12:46 PM

i guess i fold competition seems pretty weak. seems like even the next table ur at is gonna be really bad also and it seems ur gonna bust like 50% of the time here easily more maybe less but not a lot less
Old 06-16-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess i fold competition seems pretty weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, using this logic you would need AA to go all in preflop in any WSOP event. The competition is always weak, that does not mean we should pass up +ev spots
Old 06-16-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess i fold competition seems pretty weak. seems like even the next table ur at is gonna be really bad also and it seems ur gonna bust like 50% of the time here easily more maybe less but not a lot less

[/ QUOTE ]

If I thought I had 50% equity HU in this pot I instacall as I am getting like 1.6 to 1 on my stack. More if other guys calls too which he may or may not do but if he does then I am getting like 2.2 to 1.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:04 PM

i don't think this is close at all but i haven't looked at any #'s yet. feels very much like a call though.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:36 PM

In this type of hand, I usually think timings of UTG+2 and SB are pretty important, also whether you think SB is type to tilt.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
his hand that transpired is very next hand. A really bad player opens to 900 at 100/200 (8k)no antee UTG he has made awful PF calls with K9s etc calling 4x EP opens from 20x stacks and playing worse postflop. Guy 2 to his left makes it 2500 (12k) He's been active making goofy calls postflop in spots that me and kush both thought were push or fold cuz obv the other guy was commited. It folds over to the SB from the prev hand hes button now and sticks his 7k stack in there instantly. I have like 6k going into the hand and have QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's hard to grasp exactly how crazy and Stupid LAG this table was but I fold here.

UTG makes it 900, you said that this player has been making dumb pre flop calls, calling 4x raises with K9 etc.., this doesn't necessarily mean that his range here is loose, plus he is UTG. Guy two to the left of him makes it 2500, who has also been loose with calls, which doesnt necessarily mean that he will raise here with a wide range. He just saw an UTG raise and is has a ton of players behind him left to act. Hard to believe that he really has a loose range here. Button then shoves instantly behind this action. He may be an idiot but is he really that stupid/apathetic to shove very wide here.

I feel like you might be overestimating the crazyness/looseness/wide range of your opponents in this hand.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:18 AM

I think this is a fold. Antes start next level and one of them very likely has you crushed. If the sb didn't even think I'm pretty sure that eliminates AK from his range, and he probably thinks about JJ for a little bit... I'm curious to see what they think, but I think I need KK to stick it in here.