Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 AM

Default Re: PokerStars hand # 4.99+B milestone thread

When is this gonna be organized/finalized?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When is this gonna be organized/finalized?

[/ QUOTE ]
If we all have aim we can just organize it 45 mins b4 first milestone. I think about 12 est.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:00 AM

OK, things are speeding up sooner than I expected.

I suggest we split ourselves into groups of 6, 9, or 10 who all have similar time windows.

My window = The whole damned thing from 11:00 pm ET to 2:00 pm Saturday.

Who is ready to commit to that?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're looking for smaller windows, post you preference and get people to join you.

When the big day comes, and your group has 8 tables post them here so that 2+2ers can fill any gaps that come if people have to leave. But don't join unless you're pretty sure you can stay for the duration of that group's time window (or at least most of it). Even filling waiting lists you have no intention of using can be helpul to hold off straglers.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Except for the problem of being kicked off for missing 3 blinds in a row which could give straglers a chance to jump in.

Ideally, we should arrange to join waiting lists of other 2+2 tables if just to block momentarily.

[/ QUOTE ]
We would only play during the 5 mins after we'd all sit out hence no blinds, unless stars boots us for all sitting all day lol. We need 4 more fast reliable folders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you underestimate the rate at which we will burn through 3 blind cycles and the speed that straglers will come in, unless you really push it to the final 10K hands or so.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Except for the problem of being kicked off for missing 3 blinds in a row which could give straglers a chance to jump in.

Ideally, we should arrange to join waiting lists of other 2+2 tables if just to block momentarily.

[/ QUOTE ]
We would only play during the 5 mins after we'd all sit out hence no blinds, unless stars boots us for all sitting all day lol. We need 4 more fast reliable folders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you underestimate the rate at which we will burn through 3 blind cycles and the speed that straglers will come in, unless you really push it to the final 10K hands or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't there be no blind cycles if all 6 of us are sitting out? Sorry I am slightly confused here.

"My window = The whole damned thing from 11:00 pm ET to 2:00 pm Saturday.

Who is ready to commit to that?"

So the final hand should be dealt by 2 pm? I'd be willing to pull the all nighter or possible early morning till 2pm. I just want to make sure I am in a 6max table of efficient folders lol.

The chance at this seems too +ve to pass up I'd be glad to be in a table with you silent.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to pull the all nighter or possible early morning till 2pm. I just want to make sure I am in a 6max table of efficient folders lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not a big deal to click fold. The bigger issue is making sure the people in your time window will stay for the duration so that no one else gets in and messes things up.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:16 AM

as i said, i'll be able to do this from 11pm to 5-6am Pokerstars time, after that i need some sleep [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], but can re-join later
Old 05-19-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The chance at this seems too +ve to pass up I'd be glad to be in a table with you silent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think someone calculated the EV to be around $2/table. So, it really isn't too much when put into EV terms. But, if you have nothing better to do...
Old 05-19-2006, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think someone calculated the EV to be around $2/table. So, it really isn't too much when put into EV terms. But, if you have nothing better to do...

[/ QUOTE ]
lol based on that I haven't even made $2 table because of damn random misclick blind steals.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:25 AM

Well I don't have any commitments I'm aware of Saturday, so I can easily sit through the whole night. I'll just say my window is from 11pm Friday to around 10am Saturday. I might get tired after that though...