Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Flop decision at 10/20

I personally don't like peeling a flop like that vs a tag because I think that he will have a pair on that flop close to 70% of the time considering the range I put below and usually (at 100/200) they won't ever fold a pair even tho you did call a A55 flop because often enough the button caller will have air or a hand like 22-77 calling the flop and folding the turn expecting a check from hands like KQ often enough to call the flop with the idea of taking down the pot on the turn. Add to that the times he keeps firing the turn with absolutely nothing or a caught flush draw/gutter and now your equity goes down a lot. The more he bluffs the worst it gets.

If we expect him to fire any pair/draw I think that becomes a ridiculous bad call, but it's just my 2 cents

Here is a 27% range that I could use against button/co steal which I believe would be close enough to my exact range in a game.

33+,A2s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,98s,A4o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo
Old 10-07-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Flop decision at 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
I like DD's comment, the standard tag is much more likely to c/f his pp or whatever because you had to have called the flop with "something"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think DD's thinking here is that we get to see more rivers for 1SB against a tag. This won't happen often enough against a lag. I don't belive his intent was to bet a brick turn if checked to, but I may be wrong.