Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Multitabling stud

There is a guy on stars who multi's stud pretty heavy. Goes by the name "matagorda". I have seen him at 10 stud tables at once. From limits .50/1 up to 3/6. Not sure how he does it.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:44 AM

Well there are other multitabling players but they're not as "successful" as matagorda. Others include "tezeric" and "TaoJ". In my opinion, tezeric is probably a break even player and TaoJ is just horrible.
Multitabling stud may make u a little more money than playing 1 table but in long run, you miss out on ALOT of information of players. There's been plenty of times when i've raised matagorda b/c when most ppl mutlitable stud, they're just playing str8 forward poker, what they're raising with is really what they have, etc.... and i find it easy to exploit that in certain players.
But defientley, when these multitabler stud players get raised by a new player with a rainbow board of 2 7 J A, they just end up calling down even though the other players at the table know what the noob has, it's just funny and sad to see them throw away their money.
IMHO, mutitabling stud = -EV and just plain stupid, why not just move to a higher limit where u can concentrate at 1 game a time?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:58 AM

I remember a convo I had with a buddy that plays some WPT and WSOP events. He was talking to some pros and they said they will specifically look for the guy thats playing like 10-12 tables, cause they know he is not paying attention and they can take advantage. Just some more food for thought.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 AM

I do not really know how successful matagorda is. I have seen him play a lot of tables. I have also seen him losing the times that I saw him. I think someone else posted something about him a while back in another thread about him as well. Something about their notes on him from pokertracker.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:44 AM

Pretty much grunched.

Poker is a game of information. There is a lot more information per player to track in stud than the other standard forms of poker. 4 tables in hold'em is tracking 4 boards. 4 tables in stud is tracking potentially 28 different exposed sets of cards (and still trying to deduce the hole cards). Naturally, it's going to be hard to find tables where all 28 of your opponents are in the hand at the same time, but you get the point. You'll quickly lose the ability to track what you need to track multitabling unless: you are a robot, alien, have a tumor in your brain that gives super human powers before it kills you, if you have 2 heads, etc. My 2 cents.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:29 AM

I also dont know why there isn't a system to keep track of which cards were folded. I'm sure there are some people using software to do this already though. IMHO, sites should just keep the folded cards showing to be fair to all. Anyone can always type into notepad very quickly all exposed cards, so you are not going to stop any sort of card-memory cheating.

Keep it fair for all, and leave folded boards exposed IMHO. I feel certain this is how sites will HAVE to adjust, but I suspect they will only learn this slowly.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well there are other multitabling players but they're not as "successful" as matagorda. Others include "tezeric" and "TaoJ". In my opinion, tezeric is probably a break even player and TaoJ is just horrible.
Multitabling stud may make u a little more money than playing 1 table but in long run, you miss out on ALOT of information of players. There's been plenty of times when i've raised matagorda b/c when most ppl mutlitable stud, they're just playing str8 forward poker, what they're raising with is really what they have, etc.... and i find it easy to exploit that in certain players.
But defientley, when these multitabler stud players get raised by a new player with a rainbow board of 2 7 J A, they just end up calling down even though the other players at the table know what the noob has, it's just funny and sad to see them throw away their money.
IMHO, mutitabling stud = -EV and just plain stupid, why not just move to a higher limit where u can concentrate at 1 game a time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:52 AM

Red Diamond, if you type in notepad the exposed cards, it takes time. It is almost easier to remember them than to type them. You also don't need to remember every card. It would be a lot easier if there were some programm like that because it wouldn't be cheating and you could be multitabling. You would not see villain's hidden cards which is the only form of cheating. So I am sure that would not be cheating and I am really surprised there is not a programm like that. Then, multitabling would be a piece of cake, like hold'em.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:19 PM

It is not cheating in the purest sense. You are only having information that was available for you remembered. However, many Stud players feel that remembering the dead cards is a part of the game. In this sense, you are cheating the game those players perceive we play. I am one of the players who believes that such devices should not be allowed or used. I guess I am a bit of an idealist in that sense. Many people like myself play Stud because they think it is a better game. I suppose if your only reason to play is to try and turn it into a multitable grind then you might not disagree with such systems.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:58 PM

It doesn't matter if you don't think REMEMBERING software should be allowed or not. The fact is people will use it no matter what. And I'm sure some already are. PO already shows show much on the overlay etc. How hard is it to take the next step and have the HUD list what was just folded?

I don't see anyone stopping this, even if a site requests people stop using software like this. They will be helpless to prevent it. So if you can't win, why not just make it fair for all?