Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: QQ against aggro tag

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also im checkshoving when i have big draws in similar spots, so they def can call me with worse. I have no clue about OPs image. I also can check shove here as a bluff vs some people (and if you think he's folding all worse hands than QQ, you certainly should be bluffing here a fair amount)

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you say is true, but this is SSNL. No one is paying attention to the frequency with which you bluff shove or check shove draws. The best way to think about this hand is in a vacuum. Unless hero has logged a ton of hands w/ villain, and hero has reason to believe that villain has a good read on him (bluffing, semi-bluffing frequency).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i am a big fan of assuming everyone sucks, but there are at least a few regulars who at least pay attention and take notes (mostly 2p2ers) For all we know this opponent is one of them, he didn't say. Anyway the first part of what i said is the main reason i checkshove here, balance my range is just a bonus
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's in any way good he's not stacking off with TT or JJ there. OP just doesn't have a big enough range for him to stack off on this flop. TT only beats a draw, and JJ only beats TT and a draw. So his range is SA/WB.

[/ QUOTE ]

If TT/JJ are often folding here, start calling OOP and checkshoving lots then. If he calling range here is 99/QQ+ you make him fold 60% of his range.

However i don't believe TT/JJ fold here as standard.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 AM

Also hands like AQ AJ and AK and maybe even KQ suited if he check raises that will call here, or maybe fold (if he puts me on a really big hand). Allthough i doubt that. I havent made any of these crazy moves yet, because i havent seen him 3betting enough before.

Oh and lots of regs WILL call with worse. believe me. Iv seen multiple times that tags with no history called with T's or J's in spots like these. Usually because my stats said I played lag tho. But this guy seemd pretty good, so i dunno if he would do it.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 AM

Well i mean this isn't the best flop/hand to talk about checkraise bluffing because its going to be tough to have any bluff hand w/ good equity vs his calling range. However if you really feel in 3bet pots people fold smaller overpairs, then you could just start calling 3bets light and shoving any gutshot/pair/draw. As long as you have 20% vs his calling range and hes folding like 60%+ on the flop its going to be +EV. The main reason i don't do this, is because i don't expect people to be folding the smaller overpairs often enough.