Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Fold KK on the flop after aggression

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you all think villain puts you on AA/KK in my experience villain always puts you on AK on every 3bet hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah or AQ if a K flops or KQ if an A flops, he'll put you on whatever he beats to make the call/push.

Mack
Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 AM

Err, he minraised UTG.. how could we possibly think he's a solid player? Call and cry when you see his superbly played AA or QQ... or 99 or 77 or AQ or whatever he has
Old 10-05-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG. Call. All. Day. Not exactly a fistpump call but still.

You have 15 hands on the guy and you've convinced yourself he's a nit who just flopped a set. You see all kinds of FDs here, AQ, 67... yes he is going to have a set sometimes but you have to call this with no read. And "he played 2/15 hands" is not a read.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

Seriously. That's a horrendous fold.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM

Yowza. I cant fold this.

Its true that the range of hands some villans can hold here is pretty tight, but even if he does have QQ here, calling this bet sends a pretty strong message to the table - "dont even try to [censored] with me in 3bet pots because im not going to fold my overpair" which means that people are gonna tighten up vs you when the bets get big.

Thats great news for you because you can start 3betting a little more liberally, and when someone does play back at you in a 3bet pot, you can just fold your marginal hand without too much difficulty.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling this bet sends a pretty strong message to the table - "dont even try to [censored] with me in 3bet pots because im not going to fold my overpair" which means that people are gonna tighten up vs you when the bets get big.

Thats great news for you because you can start 3betting a little more liberally, and when someone does play back at you in a 3bet pot, you can just fold your marginal hand without too much difficulty.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way that what you wrote will ever affect my decisions at NL50$. Tables just can't hold long enough to justify your thinking. Also, people fold everything except AK, JJ+ to a 3bet preflop, so that's not a reason for me too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 06:42 AM

Let's see -- you're getting a little less than 3:2. If Villain will only play sets and AdXd this way (equally likely in terms of combos, with the sets probably becoming a little more likely once we take preflop into account), then you have a super-easy fold as a slight favorite to the AdXd and a massive underdog to the sets.

Throw in AQ and say Villain will always play that this way as well, and suddenly we have an easy call.

So hell if I know against an unknown. From what I've seen, these massive overbets are still kind of rare from full stacks, and they're called even more rarely, and as a result they're hard to interpret.

Anyway, I think the fold is all right.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:52 AM

I think you see a FD just as much as you see a set
Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 AM

i dont fold this... people do weird [censored] in 3bet pots. i think folding overpairs in 3bet pots on these flops to unknowns is a recipe for disaster. this can so easily be a FD, random ui pp, SD, a Q... his range is much wider than just sets
Old 10-05-2007, 08:16 AM

wtf, move up where they respect your lay downs