Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: BRAG: Lost 30 pounds in 5 weeks

i didnt read the OP, but 30 pounds are like 62 dollar, so who the [censored] cares? thats less than 2 bucks a day.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:40 AM

OP,

Just a FYI a lot of guys including myself did this in the army and what you're doing is basically and expensive version of Atkins. In short, it's somewhat unhealthy, most of the extreme weight loss people have is due to loss of water weight and muscle mass, and lastly just about everyone gains the weight back very rapidly.

In principle, I agree with a lot of what those guys are pushing. Refined carbohydrates and sugars do make you fat. The Atkins diet has had many spin offs and it sounds like you're on one.

Brother man, I swear, If you take a few supplements to help curb your appetite (this is one of the advantages to low-carb diets by the way), you can do a lot better if you stick to the general AMA recommendations for dieting and get exercise. First, it's healthy so you don't have to worry about your kidneys and whatnot. Second, and more importantly, by doing it the right your body really becomes awesome at burning fat. These restricted types of diets don't really do that for you, so the moment you let your guard down it comes back quickly. The best part is that you can still choose to avoid refined carbs and a lot of sugars as well - no one says you have to chow down on Wonder Bread and stuff like that which is [censored] horrible for you
Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 AM

it's called atkins dummy and not eating bread/sugar sucks.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:07 AM

Powerwalking is much better long term than that crappy diet!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tldr, but 30 pounds is like $60, shouldnt you be trying to win?

[/ QUOTE ]expert
Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Yeah keto works but you will lose muscle on it no matter how much protein you eat.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tldr, but 30 pounds is like $60, shouldnt you be trying to win?

[/ QUOTE ]loled
Old 11-04-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is teh Matol Diet consist of? where didja get it?is it just a meal plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heya, Matol Diet is amazing simple and convenient.

Before I started the diet I usually didn't have time in the morning to make a decent breakfast, and then in between classes I usually have to opt for fast food, and for supper I like to relax with a piece of pizza and beer or something because I was energy drained. Kind of a vicious cycle.

This diet is simple. You buy the food, which is quite expensive. Each packet consists of 20g of protein and little to almost no carbs, with your 9 essential amino acids.

In phase 1 (there are 4 phases) you set a weight loss goal and you do phase 1 for 80% of that loss goal.

Breakfast - 1 Protein packet + tea/coffee

Lunch - 1 protein packet + 2 cups of select veggies (brocoli, string beans, NO carrots or corn etc too high in natural sugars)

Supper - 7oz chicken/turkey OR 5oz lean meat (steak, beef, pork etc) + 2 cups of veggies + unlimited salad

Night time snack - 1 more packet

Plus each day you need to take your Matol drink twice daily (which tases aweful but they tell me its good for me), calcium drink twice daily, and your pills: Essential Fatty Acids, and Vitamens.

The protein packs are freaking good. I thought it would be like those shakes. But nah they have chili, cake, puddings, oatmeal, pancakes, bars, shakes, etc, and they are all the same nutritionally (minor diffs) and take less than a couple of minutes to make.

You can buy it from distributors, this diet cant be foudn in stores etc, PM me if you want info on who to contact, it gets shipped right to your house. (BTW it is not me that you contact so I am not advertising this lol).
Old 11-04-2007, 02:22 PM

Nice brag. Unfortunately, if you did zero exercise, you still probably lost some muscle, albeit less than you would have with a lower protein diet.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice brag. Unfortunately, if you did zero exercise, you still probably lost some muscle, albeit less than you would have with a lower protein diet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I probably did lose muscle, but nothing a month or 2 of the gym won't restore when I lose 20 more pounds.