Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: AA just sat down WTF?

Im surprised that you all think this is this much of an auto fold. Smooth calling QQ 100bbs deep for a 3 bet is horrible(basically playing QQ for set equity), and no one does it, he can't have QQ. KQ is a possibility, but why would he fastplay his boat to this point.(not to mention for a 3 bet this is a very bad call) The potential for AK is def. there. He insta all in-ed me, and from what ive seen in the past most people calling 3bet OOPs like this are set mining PPs. I let my timebank almost expire and called, more out of curiosity than anything:

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $12.30
MP: $20.90
CO: $35.45
BTN: $42.60
Hero (SB): $25.8
BB: $29.7

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, BB calls $3, BTN folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all in to $26.70</font>, Hero calls all in for $17.65
Uncalled bet of $4.05 returned to BB

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($52.8, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($52.8, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Kings) and won $50.20
BB had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
Final Pot: $50.20 ($2.60 rake)

I know, the swagger is very results oriented here. But I think that its very possible at microlimits to lose money by overestimating the range of unknowns.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: AA just sat down WTF?

Um lots of people just call the 3bet with QQ, I do it a lot especially with position.

And betting this flop and calling a shove without a read is pure fantastic spew, I don't care what he had this time.