Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Negreanu BUSTO?

[ QUOTE ]
Since he's doing something that is an attempt to PREVENT yourself from going busto, stepping down, hes not busto.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my last play, before the main event at the WSOP, I lost over a million in one play, and that took up a significant part of my playing bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]
1 million?? well he does have a reputation of being a payoff-wizard intent on looking people up.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:19 PM

old school thinking is that 300BBs is enough to be properly bankrolled for a game. this could easily mean that many of the big game players have no more than 2.4m in their rolls. some may have far less. to lose 1m when your roll is 2.4m is enough to go into depression, especially when it may take years of grinding games to get that million back.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:20 PM

Old 08-19-2006, 11:40 PM

According to his results on FCP, he was up $1Mil in tourenys this year and $1.6Mil in cash games as of mid July. So if he lost a million then hes still up 1.5 or so on the year and I wouldn't be too worried about him going busto anytime soon.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to his results on FCP, he was up $1Mil in tourenys this year and $1.6Mil in cash games as of mid July. So if he lost a million then hes still up 1.5 or so on the year and I wouldn't be too worried about him going busto anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

You somehow left out golf.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:29 AM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
OK Seriously, in his latest blog entry he has the following entry:
"As for the big game, I probably won't be playing in the game any time soon. In my last play, before the main event at the WSOP, I lost over a million in one play, and that took up a significant part of my playing bankroll. I have no plans of going broke any time soon, and it's not all that hard to lose a couple million straight playing at those stakes."
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything lamer than quoting someone else's writing and putting the word "discuss" after it?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"As for the big game, I probably won't be playing in the game any time soon. In my last play, before the main event at the WSOP, I lost over a million in one play, and that took up a significant part of my playing bankroll. I have no plans of going broke any time soon, and it's not all that hard to lose a couple million straight playing at those stakes."
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything lamer than quoting someone else's writing and putting the word "discuss" after it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this reply.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:40 PM

So who was it? Who was it? Who was it?

Who was it who took Daniel's money and made him feel outclassed in the big game? One of the veterans or is there some new kid in the town that busts people and drives them out to play with tourists?

How about the HSP3? Are the internet kids taking over it too, dressing smarter, playing more aggressive with nothing in hand and imitating Daniel's jokes like Ming talk even beter than Daniel himself?
Old 08-25-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Discuss.