Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: b/f river

I check/call and let villain bet some non-flush hands against you.

As played, I believe you see non-flush hands often enough to make this an okay call. After all, you're receiving nearly 10:1 to call. You could be looking at KK, AA (no diamond), AK (no diamond) or 88 and on very rare occasions, total air.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As played, I believe you see non-flush hands often enough to make this an okay call. After all, you're receiving nearly 10:1 to call. You could be looking at KK, AA (no diamond), AK (no diamond) or 88 and on very rare occasions, total air.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is bad. nitty TAGs don't bet non-flush hands on the river. They know that if you check with a flush you are never folding, and they also know that they are probably never getting called by a worse hand. If you check on this river and this guy bets you are very likely not good 10% of the time.

Plus if he does have AA, AK, 88 etc and you check you miss a bet, because those hands would call if you donk the river since there is a chance that you are bluffing without a diamond.

I really think this is a prime example of where b/f is correct and c/c is really bad. It is really hard to convince yourself to take this line when you have a strong hand and you want to SD, but you'll make more money in the long run when you can convince yourself to do this against predictable players.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ifyou check the river, and he bets, you lose almost always.

If you bet the river, and he raises, you lose almost always.

The point of this river is this, if you bet, he will call with worse hands, but, this guy won't bet non flush hands that he would have called with.

All 3 choices are money losers, but B/f is by far the best play here.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:53 PM

what about the flop though? am i the only one who thinks the flop call is bad? to quote myself:

your equity against AQs, AK, TT+ on this flop is 17.7%.

17.7%+rio = easy fold in my book. am i a nit?