Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: IRS checking poker pro\'s blogs?

why give them your hard earned money. they are nothing but filthy commies.

if he loses $2 million next year does he get a rebate? no!

here's the way it works:

he wins 3 million in year 2007 and owes 1.2 million in taxes

he loses 1.8 million in 2008 but borrows 1.2 million to get even but he loses that also. he owes zero taxes for 2008

over 2 years he breaks even but the gov't has collected 1.2 million off of him and now he is in debt 1.2 million.

ain't fair

gov't is nothing but a bunch of strong arm thieves.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:27 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
why give them your hard earned money.

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue to partake in what this country has to offer and to avoid going to jail.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aba reports every dime he wins as well as losses. so he doesn't worry about what he put in his blog. plus, there is now law in the constitution that mandates us to pay federal income tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, you are telling us that the The 16th amendment to the US Constitution gives Congress the power to assess an income tax? And that the federal tax laws are found in article 26 of the United States Code?

Amazing, I learn something new everyday in the 2+2 forums! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I bet it won't be long before the IRS starts making poker dealers report their cash tokes as income!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why give them your hard earned money.

[/ QUOTE ]

to avoid going to jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he wins 3 million in year 2007 and owes 1.2 million in taxes

he loses 1.8 million in 2008 but borrows 1.2 million to get even but he loses that also. he owes zero taxes for 2008

over 2 years he breaks even but the gov't has collected 1.2 million off of him and now he is in debt 1.2 million.

ain't fair

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year Johnny made $50,000 working 60 hours a week at a manufacturing job. He paid $18,000 in taxes, and spent the rest on living expenses. This year Johnny is unemployed. He has paid zero taxes but He had to take out $18,000 in credit card debt just to feed himself.

Over two years he breaks even, but the government has collected $18,000 in taxes from him, so he is in debt $18,000. Why should a professional gambler get any sort of preferential treatment over anyone else who works for a living?

Life aint fair.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
plus, there is now law in the constitution that mandates us to pay federal income tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution:

[ QUOTE ]
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is also no law in the constitution against murder, rape, arson or theft. Try those and see what happens.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
plus, there is now law in the constitution that mandates us to pay federal income tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is also no law in the constitution against murder, rape, arson or theft. Try those and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

about a dozen brave individuals were willing to take this to court in front of the jury. the irs lost all of them. check out the movie "America: Freedom to Fascism (2006)"
Old 06-10-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

about a dozen brave individuals were willing to take this to court in front of the jury. the irs lost all of them. check out the movie "America: Freedom to Fascism (2006)"

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL
Old 06-10-2007, 05:42 AM

IRS not particularly checking blogs, but Justice does use the gov'ts tap into the totality of email traffic to prosecute non-terrorism cases. Check out Enzyte, (sp) male enchancement case. Used his personal emails to endict him, taken straight from the ATT main line. Stated people have no expectation of privacy with email because their service provider might see them. Will probably lose that on appeal, but there is no expectation of privacy with other open web conversation.

Scarier thing is the main international hub banking computer in Holland the U.S. has been tapping into since '01. Tracks all electronic money movement in the world. Helped close down terrorist financial operations. They are now using it for other crimes like money laundering. Definitely part of how case against Neteller was built. They absolutely have more data than most poker players think. It is why electionic payment is dying. Will have to move to a check-based system.

If you file quarterly, and get the advice of a good tax accountant, the only way you will have a higher tax rate is if you are very, very successful. Even then a good tax off-setting strategy will help a great deal. You have alot of deductable expenses as a player.

I would suggest people who would have a very large tax liability, with interest, to consider consulting with a tax attorney just to find out what the bill could work down to if you were to make a deal. It is aways cheaper if you call the IRS than if they call you. Especially if your money was frozen by the government in the Neteller debacle. I would not put it beyond them to decide to further pressure online poker by starting tax investigations into players.

I mean, the Party Poker "discussions". What do you think they are about? They never violated this piece of crap new legislation. It is about tax fraud. They were legally obligated to send players a tax form when they cashed out a certain amount, and to send a copy to the government. None of the online gaming sites did this to my knowledge. This must be what they are negotiating about, which means they will pay a fine, may or may not admit guilt, but they will definitely give up the files. I suggest anyone that played there alot send them a email re their privacy policy and under what circumstances player information might be shared with the U.S. government. I don't think you will be happy with your answer. Protect yourselves. Do not assume the Poker police will never come knocking on your door, especially if you are evading your income taxes.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well your obv new, but Brian is a god on 2+2. And how he got so good was that he played a gajillion hands of poker and he plays goot while he is playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for stating the obvious. Just play gajillion hands....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah a little stupid. From what I have read about him, especially from a previous post of his earlier career that he posted on 2+2, was that he committed himself to poker, poker and poker. And he just really played hundreds of thousands of hands and just worked on his game everyday. I'm still in search of the post that he made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a little bit off-topic but I am REALLY curious of that post, especially since I just joined 2p2 a few months ago or so...