Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: I\'m on to you sklansky

Is the judge insane?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 AM

Odds judge or a close female family member had a partner cheat on them with a hooker?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not just women. I'd much rather be beaten up than raped. Why that is is an interesting question that's hard to articulate answers to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. Man or woman doing the raping? Serious question.

Because as a man, being raped by another man would seem to be much worse physically than being beaten up. But this is not exactly the case for a woman being raped. Not that it is pleasurable by any definition, but it is at least kinda natural.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not just women. I'd much rather be beaten up than raped. Why that is is an interesting question that's hard to articulate answers to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because as a man, being raped by another man would seem to be much worse physically than being beaten up. But this is not exactly the case for a woman being raped. Not that it is pleasurable by any definition, but it is at least kinda natural.

[/ QUOTE ]
By your reasoning it should be worse for a woman to be forcibly eaten out by another woman than forcibly penetrated by a man. I doubt this is the case.

I was talking about man on man rape and I consider it worse, not becauase it's 'less natural', but because it involves penetration. Also, sex is an expression of power for males. It isn't for females. So when a male rapes you there is that psychological component to it.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There exists cultures (tribal ones mostly) where rape isn't a 'big deal' when done by opposing tribes in times of war in terms of emotional trauma.

[/ QUOTE ]

LINK?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
By your reasoning it should be worse for a woman to be forcibly eaten out by another woman than forcibly penetrated by a man. I doubt this is the case.

I was talking about man on man rape and I consider it worse, not becauase it's 'less natural', but because it involves penetration. Also, sex is an expression of power for males. It isn't for females. So when a male rapes you there is that psychological component to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying. I think you are just interpreting what I was saying incorrectly. What I was getting at is that if you were choosing between getting beat up or getting raped, but you got to choose the gender of who raped you, I think I would choose rape. (not trying to be a smart ass here)

/threadjack
Old 10-22-2007, 01:56 PM

but you agree that both a man and a woman would prefer to be raped by a woman?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but you agree that both a man and a woman would prefer to be raped by a woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have anything to back this up with?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There exists cultures (tribal ones mostly) where rape isn't a 'big deal'

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever read the Bible? Guess what, back then it wasn't a big deal for jews nor christians. In fact it was even encouraged by God Himself! Oh yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine if you are a man and get raped - for most men that would have an extremely negative impact on their life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raped by a woman? Not for many men I know. You can't compare a woman being raped by a man to a man being raped by another man.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ever read the Bible? Guess what, back then it wasn't a big deal for jews nor christians. In fact it was even encouraged by God Himself! Oh yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

the bible was written by men