Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: AK live hand

dave i don't mind your play at all here
Old 10-23-2007, 03:01 AM

This hand is fine, but bet-calling the flop and then calling down would also be acceptable. This reminds me of my AA vs. KK hand when the flop is QJT from a while ago. You don't really stand to do too well against his hand range, so you don't really want to see lots of bets go in. The K coming on the turn is nice because you pull ahead of AA, but again, if you bet and get raised, it's not pretty.

Besides, just checking and calling also keeps other players in the pot calling with who knows what.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 AM

this is great. dont expect to win too often tho, you beat exactly one hand (AA)
Old 10-23-2007, 05:04 AM

I have some concerns about this hand:

1) If I determined that I was like say 38% equity on the flop should I have played it more aggressively (for value vs a crowd), and if so, how? Like, what's the right amount of aggression and how do I get it in there? How does flop aggression translate into turn action?

2) Please comment on the river, with particular attention to the equity change between me checking the river and him betting it, and anything that we can do during the hand to address that issue.

Results: Villain shows AK and we chop. Again, pretty sure middle guy folded, sadly. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 AM

meh i dont think you can do anything but c/c on any street.

you are so rarely ahead, but the pot is too big to fold
Old 10-23-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At first glance I was like, "wft?" Then I looked again. Dave could fold on the flop, you're ahead of nothing and giving up bets to a lot. On the turn, you pull ahead of AA and QJ, but nothing else, and you have to discount those holdings because nobody's budging. Yeah, Kx is unlikely, but why raise anywhere and let it pwn you? What does raising do for us? Possibly get us HU with a better hand, there's a noble goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Boz... do you have that "save the micros" trainwreck pic anywhere? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 AM

OT Question: This hand has been popping into my head intermittently for the past day or so, and seems familiar. I might have been at that table or watched it, where are you from and where did this hand take place?

Also, is there a like a fat filipino guy that says "capa-capa-cappuccino" when capping?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At first glance I was like, "wft?" Then I looked again. Dave could fold on the flop, you're ahead of nothing and giving up bets to a lot. On the turn, you pull ahead of AA and QJ, but nothing else, and you have to discount those holdings because nobody's budging. Yeah, Kx is unlikely, but why raise anywhere and let it pwn you? What does raising do for us? Possibly get us HU with a better hand, there's a noble goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Boz... do you have that "save the micros" trainwreck pic anywhere? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, that's detruncate's...I try to not hijack other people's gimmicks, and just stick with being grumpy.

Now, on a more serious note (I was joking about folding the flop), a question about your read: what does this guy think of you? I don't see a player of the description you gave raising light even on the button unless he thinks you're drain bamaged (you weren't talking about stickers on your car, were you?). So, we have to put him on a reasonable pf3 range of TT+/AK/AQs+, no? That means on the flop we're ahead of TT(6), AQ(3); behind JJ(3), QQ(3), KK(1), AA(3); chopping with AK(2). So, we're behind 47%, ahead 42% and tied 11%.

The problem is, betting the flop doesn't protect our hand, won't buy us outs, won't buy us position, and won't win us the pot. Any flush draw, straight draw, combo draw or hand that hit the board has odds to play. You could bet just on principle ("I capped pf and flopped what I usually hope to flop with this hand, so I c-bet"), but if it goes check-bet-fold-fold-raise-fold you're not going to be exactly thrilled.

You played it fine. This is just one of those situations where there's really nothing you can do wrong OR right, unfortunately.