Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Are games tighter over Christmas Break?

In 5 years of keeping dailey records November through Jan are my best months.

as for the rest - just guessing to the reasons behind the numbers. There is no way to really understand the seasonal fluctuations.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:34 AM

It would generally be a true statement that there are fewer players during holidays...
Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 AM

I'd imagine lots of the college donks have their finals around this time, which would keep them away.

FWIW I haven't noticed any differences in game quality for LHE and I usually find better games around Christmastime, but this may be because lots of sites, at least Party, had a crapload of promotions during this period and really drew in the casual players.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The tables have been tight the last 2 days but this is normal during transitions times. They will go back to normal soon.

This also happens when students move to and from collage. Online is college driven and this is the golden quarter in online poker. Starts in November, ends in February.

Reason for ending is two fold. One – many players are either busted out and broke, or finding that perhaps they need to buckle down.. The games get tighter.

Then there is a transition when they move back home, last 2-3 weeks.

Summer rolls and the tables are OK again – not great but survivable as students now have jobs and are making money.

They move BACK to school and get settled, more partying means less poker until real classes start when they can play more poker and this starts late October.

Has happened ever year like this since 1999.

Thus - we are deep in the Golden Quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its absurd to base this solely on your own results while completely ignoring other highly influential factors. I doubt a good deal of what you've said but...

This is a terrific example of how to bs. Ambiguous yet authoritative statements delivered with a confident tone.

You should run one of those sites that sells sports picks.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:10 PM

Well one thing you want to keep in mind is that most schools aren't actually on break yet. Most schools continue straight up through the middle of next week with the vacation starting at the end of the week. The question may or may not be valid, but it wouldn't explain any observations about changes in play the last few days.

P.S. - All those college students that are studying for finals rather than playing poker online might have impacted the games.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:22 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

Just wait until January, when the "Are people playing tighter as a New Year's Resolution?" threads start popping up
Old 12-13-2006, 02:34 PM

LOL - I was waiting for some moron to blither in and say something but not back it up with HIS theories.

So hot shot - what is YOUR theory! I'm waiting. Or do you just spew garbage and not back it up!

I can tell by your avatar that your just another childish aggressive NL idiot!

If you don't think online poker revolves around students then it is you that is the fool. Schools are where the fish are.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 PM

If you follow the numbers in the Tracking thread , you will see when player numbers start to drop... play this week has been very strong so far.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL - I was waiting for some moron to blither in and say something but not back it up with HIS theories.

So hot shot - what is YOUR theory! I'm waiting. Or do you just spew garbage and not back it up!

If you don't think online poker revolves around students then it is you that is the fool. Schools are where the fish are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind confirming this reply was meant for me and not boc4life before making yourself sound any more foolish?

<font color="white"> lv.3? </font>
Old 12-14-2006, 05:33 AM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind confirming this reply was meant for me and not boc4life before making yourself sound any more foolish?

<font color="white"> lv.3? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming the post was meant for you, and you're right that he sounds pretty stupid

<font color="white">unless he's lv. 3'ing