Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Re: I have never done this. Should I?

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is slightly looser than I would defend with without a read but it is not bad by any means necessarily. Flop bet is not good IMO. Think of what he'll fold immediately on the flop (basically 89s-type stuff). I highly doubt he folds 99 and it may even take a bet on all streets to get him to fold A9. Also he can call and raise your follow-up on the turn, etc. I just checkfold on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the op's math. Assuming this is a one shot stab at the pot, the raiser need only fold 1 out of 5 times to make this bet profitable. Against many opponents, this is definitely profitable. Of course as you add opponents the odds decrease exponentially. Headsup, I like it. Against a button raiser I think this is a great line against the right type of players. A little loose pf against a CO raiser though.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: I have never done this. Should I?

sorry for the utg/co confusion...

MY OPINION: If co raiser wont let go better hands, than we should clearly check raise if he c-bets 100% of the time. When we donk we let him get away cheap with worse hands...

And this hand wasnt played by me, but by a guy i had to review.