Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: I think i am learning nothing...

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been playing on and off for 2 years...and still am no better than the day i started. Can not go more than a day without going in the red. I just cant seem to play solid poker, no matter how much i play and try to study. Dont know what im expecting as replies, just trying to vent i guess...deposited $50 and lost it all in about 2 hours at pokerstars at 10NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are tons of other people who read this forum that have the same results as you they just don't admit to it
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been playing on and off for 2 years...and still am no better than the day i started. Can not go more than a day without going in the red. I just cant seem to play solid poker, no matter how much i play and try to study. Dont know what im expecting as replies, just trying to vent i guess...deposited $50 and lost it all in about 2 hours at pokerstars at 10NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are tons of other people who read this forum that have the same results as you they just don't admit to it

[/ QUOTE ]
Just wish i could see any improvement in my game...its really disheartening. Also about PT...i can buy it, but would rather put that money into bankroll. I know playing 10NL i could have earned it in like a week playing at FT, just trying to see what the next easiest is to clear at 10NL
Old 08-31-2007, 10:35 PM

I would really recommend joining cardrunners.com you learn a lot from that site!

and i kinda was in the same boat i played NL200 winning a lot one day and busting the next day. i haven't been playing below NL100 in about a year, before the last two weeks.
I deposited my regular 300$ and started playing NL50
i have been playing about 5k hands since then and i have 4.59 bb/h and a mtt ratio of 3.84.Giving me a total of 17.51bb/h
if i keep my bb/h i can take a shot at NL100 in about 15k hands without putting my bankroll at risk.
And as mentioned earlier in the post. Post hands in forum and read it is very good!

What i want to say is try and get some system into your bankroll and game
Old 08-31-2007, 10:36 PM

Don't think of money spent on PT like it's your bankroll money, think of it as money spent on books, or a monitor, a mouse, or something else kind of essential to playing poker besides your bankroll.

Yes, PT is almost essential to improving your play.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:03 PM

I'd recommend playing some SnG tourneys. You get a lot more play and experience for your money than in cash games, where it can go quickly, especially if you tilt. It's a good way to build a roll and then venture into cash games.

Also, not sure how many tables you are playing, but I'd only play one for now to try and improve your game.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 PM

yeah i was playing 4-6 tables, started playing 1
Old 08-31-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is PT really that useful?

[/ QUOTE ]

is a knife and fork essential for a baked potato?

is a slice of lime essential for an ice cold corona?

is a wad of bog roll essential for a 4 minute turd?

i could go on for ages.

basically: yes.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:20 PM

Don't play with 5bi. Get PT. Post hands.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 PM

just got PT, gonna have to wait till epassporte finally makes the verify deposit or my last months rake kicks back at FT, but will post some hands...and they prolly gonna get laughed at lol
Old 08-31-2007, 11:37 PM

To respond to your short term statement - if you lost 5 BI in 2 hours you are either hit an insane bad streak or you tilted. I am guessing the latter.

To respond to the long term statement - if you really are not winning then you need to do a few things:

GET SOFTWARE
1. Get Pokertracker
2. Get Pokerstove
3. Get PokerAceHUD

LEARN:
1. Read books
2. GRUNCH posts - Grunch originally called for us to Grunch 1 per day...try doing 4-5 per day
3. Study/learn twice as much as you play.

SCRUTINIZE YOUR PLAY:
1. Review every session that you play.
2. Look for leaks by reviewing hands yourself and posting hands here
3. Use Pokerstove to help with determine if you are getting your money in when you should be or if you are spewing when someone else has the best of you
4. Don't be too quick to blame variance or bad luck for your play (When your bottom two is beaten by the nut flush and you called the 100+BB shove by the guy with a .50AF, this is not "bad luck"). Remember that you are responsible for the plays you make only - not for the donkeys or the dealers (er RNG).

Good luck