Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Re: $20,000 from $1

So he actually went from $2 to $20k.

He went from $1 to $20K. He just had to try twice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2006, 06:22 PM

I went from $10 on one of the prima skins to 50k+ now about 2 yrs ago. I actually busted out the first time, tried a different skin and haven't looked back. Man, I'm glad I ran well at the beginning.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:23 PM

This logic would be awesome if he wasn't able to pull it off until his 25,000th try!!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only issue would be extremely running well at the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, not really. just not running bad will suffice. it is of course assuming that you can beat a bigger game. he included freerolls, but even if you disregard those, once you have enough to multitable the smallest level where there are multiple games available, then it's just about putting the hours in. he gave himself plenty of time. if he made the bet for a month then yes, he'd have to run extremely well at the beginning and each time he moved up.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:41 PM

Pacific gave me a free $10 when I signed up at their site. 6 months later it was $16k. I started out at 5cent/10cent and moved up to the next level every time I had 250 BBs.

edit-until I hit 5/10 where I made it home for a while
Old 12-15-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This logic would be awesome if he wasn't able to pull it off until his 25,000th try!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How about $1 to $19,999?
Old 12-16-2006, 04:41 AM

WOW, How do you sell play money at pokerstars ???
Old 12-16-2006, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a handfull of web sites that buy $1 million PokerStars play chips for around $10. In turn, they sell them for about double that. I found at least one that was 100% legit and used it to fund my wife's bankroll. Together we've probably sold about $40 worth to the guy, but we haven't dealt with him in a while (about 6 months) because neither of us do play money anymore.

Unfortunately, there are also websites that claim to buy chips but are really scam sites. The only way to tell them apart is to try them out.

When I sold my orignal chips (Jan 2005), I was scammed every time. People used to visit the play tables offering to buy play money chips for cash over the observer chat (eventually, pokerstars clamped down on this). Originally, I didn't know they were all scammers, and I was desperate to get some real cash (I had promised my wife that I would never send a single penny of our money to an online poker site).

First I fell for the "send me 1/2 first then I'll send the cash, and then you send the rest" scam. I lost 50K that way.

The next few times I insisted that they send me something first. My idea was that he'd send 1 cent first, then I'd send 10K and then we'd each take turns increasing the amount by 10 times. It went down as follows:

He sent 1 cent, I sent 10K
He sent 10 cents, I sent 100K
He left (the agreed rate was $1 per 100K)

The last time I got the guy to send $1 first, I sent 500K. Then he started say things like "I'm in a hurry, someone's here to pick me up. Send the rest (500K) now, and I'll send you your $9". When I hesitated he threatened, "I'll report you to support if you don't send the rest". I panicked, and sent the rest. He left.

But I finally had enough real cash to start playing real money tables: $1.11, and that's all I really wanted.

Later, my wife found out about an honest play money trader's website: www.onlinepokergoods.net

I have no affiliation with the guy whatsoever. This is simply the only legit trader I know of who still operates. I've seen others start out honest but eventually turn into scam artists. Unfortunately, I don't know if the above site is still honest (it certainly was 6 months ago).

He used to be so honest that he'd send you the money first, but after getting screwed several times he started to insist people send the play money first (although after several successful trades he loosens up).

Also, he sometimes has so many chips in his inventory that he doesn't buy at any price.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have also seen e-bay auctions for play chips from PS and other sites.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:48 AM

Why do play money chips hold any value at all?