Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: $50 Hand reading ftw? AK in RR pot.

JJ or 88 would be my guess.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 AM

WTF? I wrote a reply here but for some weird reason it seems I did not post it...

Whatever, I said that it looks a lot like JJ here.
Don't think that he would call the PF reraise with 88, you are both not deep enough for that. He would ve folded KK,QQ on the flop cause your reraise looks a lot like AKs,AA,KK. Besides, he might have shoved KK PF. AQs is maybe in his range though there are not too many As left in the deck.
I'd play it the same way though...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked again and I would remove 88. If it is good player, he will insta muck 88 (no implied odds)

I cant image, he will just call flop with AK/AQ/KK. Then, i think he had: JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

If Hero has a huge 3 bet range, villain could call with 88 if he puts hero on overs.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:41 PM

AK or JJ, 12/10 doesn't call a big 3 bet w/ AQ ro anything in between. Split or scoop, gl buddy! I stack off here too btw.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:27 PM

I'd c/c his AI on the turn. I've found that people will call with underpairs on A high boards because they don't think you hit the A and want to push you off of it on the turn.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM

What's interesting about AKo is the the value in 3-betting it isn't so much in getting called by worse hands. The value in 3-betting it comes from getting better hands to fold somewhere along the line. This is not to say that worse hands don't call, but this hand illustrates my point.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:56 PM

He had JJ. I didn't really mind stacking off there until a couple people mentioned that it's pretty likely I'm crushed. I do like CDLs line here better than mine.

Bonus question: Doesn't JJ = 88 here? If I fire at a ton of flops in a rr pot doesn't he have to fold JJ alot of the time even with an overpair against somebody whom he doesn't know? If I was in his shoes I'd muck JJ w/o a second thought pre and postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
I think JJ/88 shove flop and give you rougly 3-1 to call figuring the odds will keep you in.

[/ QUOTE ] If it was HU on the flop I'd agree.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:30 PM

I see your point but most people think of JJ as a really good starting hand and 88 as a mediocre one. Whether they should or not, people will always value JJ more than 88 here.
That said, it should still be mucked very easily preflop.

I think you may have raised a little too much preflop. It looks more like AK than AA or KK, plus there is no getting away from an A on the flop (not that you should have in this particular spot, just saying)

Good point about shoving in 3way vs HU, though I think a villain would call with a set fairly often HU anyway.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He had JJ. I didn't really mind stacking off there until a couple people mentioned that it's pretty likely I'm crushed. I do like CDLs line here better than mine.

Bonus question: Doesn't JJ = 88 here? If I fire at a ton of flops in a rr pot doesn't he have to fold JJ alot of the time even with an overpair against somebody whom he doesn't know? If I was in his shoes I'd muck JJ w/o a second thought pre and postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
I think JJ/88 shove flop and give you rougly 3-1 to call figuring the odds will keep you in.

[/ QUOTE ] If it was HU on the flop I'd agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he should be playing JJ for set value only if he calls your 3-bet.

The thing comes down to that even though you end up being behind you will potentially lose more against a decent player if you try to find folds in these spots.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:44 PM

Johnes, I raise huge amounts with QQ+ from the sb against 2 opponents to. Not that I would expect the villain to notice this after 40 hands, just mentioning. I like to cut down peoples implied odds and make pots HU esp. OOP.