Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: **8 table - Thread***

well i would say i am trying more to make a steady income every week probly not 1k but any where up to 100$ a day is good enough for me i just have a problem keeping patient i think the longest session i ever did was three hours i dont understand how people do 12 hrs straight day after day but maby this is my leak
Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 PM

Yer not gonna be able to make $100/day playing 3 hours/day unless you
a) Play 200NL breakeven for rakeback.
b) Get really good @ at least 50NL.

What kind of hourly goal are you lookin for? If you want steady income, ya gotta look @ is a job, meaning figure out how many hrs per week you are willing to put into it, and how much you are looking to make.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:49 PM

You guys are hilarious. Instead of trying to billion table 25nl, why not focus on getting better at poker so you can focus on playing less tables of a higher limit?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 PM

beacuse i figure its an easier bankroll builder to billion table small stakes+rakeback than to play so little hands at higher stakes where players have more knowledge
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beacuse i figure its an easier bankroll builder to billion table small stakes+rakeback than to play so little hands at higher stakes where players have more knowledge

[/ QUOTE ]

i think youd be better off playing breakeven at 50 or 100nl and bonswhoring and getting rakeback. billion tabling 25nl is just going to destroy your game and you'll never move up
Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Well, I asked him what he wanted, and he said steady income. There's a difference between steady income & maximizing skill improvement, otherwise ya wouldn't have regulars who put in 200K hands/month at 25 & 50NL. I agree that OP does seem like he needs to improve a lot before he starts thinking about making any significant and/or steady income from poker, but what if he just got fired from BK and just wants to make minimum wage to make the rent for a couple of months while he's learning?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:06 PM

200K a MONTH?! Thats more than I do in a year. Whats they WR?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:08 PM

i think my skill level is decent if i play 1-4 tables of 50nl i usally run 5ptbb/100 but my biggest problem is putting in hours. i mean if i make my 100$ for the day i just quit right there regardless of how long it took then on the other side 1 bad beat where i lose my stack i'm also done .just have a real problem putting in hands
Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 PM

Maybe you should address the problems you have with your mental game and motivation rather than trying to cram a billion hands in. The point im making is that a big part of playing poker is moving up in limits, because your profitability increases exponentially as you raise the big blind, assuming you are a winning player. If you want to grind out a minimum wage at the micros then thats fine but you are really denting your chances to grow and improve as a player, meaning that you are always going to have to depend on huge hours and high volume play for profit.

Most really high stakes players like BT and Taylor as far as I know dont play much more than 2k hands a day.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

billion tabling 25nl is just going to destroy your game

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that a person playing 8 tables makes lower quality decisions than a person playing 4? Or the scarier to me, playing 8 tables will make you worse at playing 4 tables after the fact. I'm (obviously) not trying to make money at poker right now, other than for br building purposes, but I feel that at least at micromicrolimits every hand I see (and then the more there are interesting ones i review later) the better i'm getting. 8 tables is a little too fast for me, i sometimes make a fold with a hand i could have played, but i feel this is overcome by the volume. Any rules of thumb to decide when you are playing too many tables?