Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: SF86 - DoD Government Clearance Form...Advice?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For levels of clearance above Top Secret (Special compartmented information, Personnel Reliability Program, Or Nuclear Release Authentication System), well, if they leave any stone unturned it is gross negligence. They started my investigation (I was 20 at the time) by going to my high school authorities and asking them to identify my peers who hated me. They then went and interviewed those people. LOL. I filled out a loooong form, and, ofcourse, took polygraphs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but the first time I took a Lifestyles Poly, a couple of the questions caught me a bit off guard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: SF86 - DoD Government Clearance Form...Advice?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For levels of clearance above Top Secret (Special compartmented information, Personnel Reliability Program, Or Nuclear Release Authentication System), well, if they leave any stone unturned it is gross negligence. They started my investigation (I was 20 at the time) by going to my high school authorities and asking them to identify my peers who hated me. They then went and interviewed those people. LOL. I filled out a loooong form, and, ofcourse, took polygraphs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but the first time I took a Lifestyles Poly, a couple of the questions caught me a bit off guard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Virginia, where we have cities that are independent, not part of a larger county. Through my whole clearance process, my biggest stumbling block was listing my home as "Virginia Beach" without also naming a county. Through three levels of investigators, they all assumed I was hiding a criminal record from the (non-existent) county authorities. It was a fiasco. Coming from Virginia, I was surprised to learn that major cities are also in counties. I didn't understand why they thought I was lying.

Otherwise, I had no problems. I was a very boring teen- ager. I was rebellious, but didn't break any laws the government was concerned about.