Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Stop N Go late in WSOP satellite

I dont like it for a couple reasons. Your flop push is 2x pot, so you're a little too deep for a stop and go. Generally your flop push wants to be about 2/3 pot- 4/3 pot. Furthermore, very rarely will you fold out a hand better than yours on a flop, especially if the guy is a tilting calling station like you make him out to be. I prefer what I call a go and go, raise to 12k and push any flop.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:34 PM

good comments one and all, I like the go and go idea as well. I will have to try it. I was very very please when he flipped over AQo here. just unfortunately he hit the A instead of the Q. I know that if I am him and someone makes this exact play on me, I insta-fold here.

I think his call is very very poor. Especially given the fact that I could have a made straight and I am just protecting my hand, or a set, in which case I have to protect my hand. I also could have a flush draw with the KQ, AQ. When he makes this call he cannot at all be sure that a Qs Ks As 8s is even an out for him. As it was the Q's were not outs at all
Old 04-20-2006, 12:39 PM

I dont htink his call is that bad, you probably aren't stop and going him with anything better than 1 pair here, so he can usually assume that he has at least 12.5 outs (includes the 1.5 outs for runner runner flush) and he may have as many as 15.5 outs twice which would make him a favorite.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:52 PM

Well, I can accept that me may think he has outs, but given the texture of this board, you can't assume that all of your presumed outs are outs at all.

As, Qs Ks could give the flush so thos outs are gone. Could be up against KQ in which case the A's are not outs and neither is the Q. KQ is a very possible holding in this situation given that maybe it is KQ with no spades so they have to protect their hand. What if we are up against QQ, another possible holding given the flat call preflop, again maybe no spade, so they protect by pushing.

Calling with AQ no spades in this situation is not a very good call given there are far more unfavorable outcomes for this hand then good ones. Looking at it from his perspective given the above information I think this is about as clear a fold as there can be given he has no spades and is praying to hit an A, K or Q, all of which might not even be outs.