Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: 2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to multiply your misery, check out the regular season schedule...

Bad Team+Tough Schedule = No Playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I'm sick of people calling the Bills a bad team. They are not a bad team and they weren't a bad team last year either. They would probably win the NFC West if they played in it. That said, they're schedule this year is so hard that it will be a great achievement to reach 500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they certainly weren't "good" last year, and they lost 3 key players, so, I would say they're "worse" than their "not good" '06 team, so...yeah, I can't make it sound any better. They're bad.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:31 AM

They'll win Sunday, but suck the rest of the year. See the 31-0 smoking of the Patriots a few years back.

I just hate the defense so much, especially with no Ellison. And I have no faith in Fairchild opening up the offense enough to let JP shine. Not a fan of Lynch either. But that's just based off the preseason. I could be dead wrong.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:02 PM

This is funny. Again, there is no way they will win the division and an extremely small chance they will even make 8-8 so people just think they are bad.

Compare Buffalo to another team in the division people think are a good team, New York. How many more wins do they have this year than Buffalo? I would say one if any. This is not a very good team at all. Last year they got lucky with the week 17 [censored] of Denver and Cinci. The line between winning and losing in the NFL is very slim as you know. The Bills beat them once (should have been twice).

Point is that they can clearly hang with a team most people consider good. Hell, they lost to NE by 2, Detroit by 3 (they looked very bad that game), the future world champions by 1 and Tennessee by 1.

The 2006 team was probably slightly better than the 2007 team, but neither team can be considered bad. Like 12 said, they would probably win the NFC west. My predictions for 07, the bills go 7-9 and miss the playoffs.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to multiply your misery, check out the regular season schedule...

Bad Team+Tough Schedule = No Playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I'm sick of people calling the Bills a bad team. They are not a bad team and they weren't a bad team last year either. They would probably win the NFC West if they played in it. That said, they're schedule this year is so hard that it will be a great achievement to reach 500.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'de probably win the NL Central if they played in it.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:16 PM

This team is WAY WAY worse than last year. Lynch looks ok, but he can't pass block.

Defense is worst in the NFL by far, especially w/out Simpson.

Gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng year.

Open up the [censored] offense already.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 AM

An entire post about the problems with the Bills without mentioning Losman. The Bills must really be in a bad way.

I'm not sold on Losman as the answer at QB. I hope I'm wrong about him. We'll see if the line is really improved what the guy can do.

But don't look too much into the pre-season record. What was the Bills' record in pre-season in the Marv Levy years anyway?
Old 08-25-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was the Bills' record in pre-season in the Marv Levy years anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they consistantly lose every preseason game?

Not that it matters much; the Bills have little hope for this year.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:26 PM

the offense is what will win games this year, the bills defense looks to be completely rebuilding. depending on losman to win is not what you want, even tho there was dramatic improvement last season. as a jets fan i have to say the bills always give afc east rivals alotta trouble, but with mcgahee gone and every team in the division improved, there is next to no chance for the bills to make the playoffs
Old 09-06-2007, 12:17 AM

Let's go Buffalo! I'm so ready for the opener.

I don't care that the Bills can't stop the run. I don't care that the Bills can't stop the pass. I don't care that the Bills can't run the ball. I don't care that half the team is a bunch of unproven scrubs no one else wants.

I 100% believe they're going to magically get better and RUN BITCH ASS DENVER RIGHT OUT OF THE [censored] STADIUM
Old 08-25-2007, 12:29 PM

Thread

I can't say last night's game really changed much for me. I still don't think McGahee will be missed & still think the defense will stink. Why they invested so much in Reed/Kelsay instead of using that $ towards Clements is baffling to me. They desparately need a run-stuffing DT too.