Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Passively played tpgk

Someone give a range of hands for how he plays flop/turn, and then think about what hands call a value-bet or shove over one on this river and what hands are going to call a check-shove on the river.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone give a range of hands for how he plays flop/turn, and then think about what hands call a value-bet or shove over one on this river and what hands are going to call a check-shove on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might help if YOU give US hand ranges since you've played with him a lot.

I really don't get your river check. Do you believe he never has a K here? He's checking down SO many hands that might call some sort of a bet and probably giving up on every bluff as well. If you think this is otherwise, then you pretty much know what you're doing anyway, don't you?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:32 PM

The only other K he can have is KJ (may even fold that pf) and another KQ imo. I don't really think he can call a river bet with KJ and its a small part of his range anyway. I just think that most of the time the line he's taken is nuts or air.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 PM

air, flush draws, worse kings, sets. I check call.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Matt thinks 3 streets = nuts/air right?

In that case C/C is the option.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only other K he can have is KJ (may even fold that pf) and another KQ imo. I don't really think he can call a river bet with KJ and its a small part of his range anyway. I just think that most of the time the line he's taken is nuts or air.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what's his air-to-nuts ratio? Are you c/c'ing or c/f'ing this? And if you say "c/c obviously," then your post has nothing to do with the river, does it?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And what's his air-to-nuts ratio? Are you c/c'ing or c/f'ing this? And if you say "c/c obviously," then your post has nothing to do with the river, does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea the ratio, but I'm not thinking of folding, I just want to know the best line to extract without making bets that only get called by a better hand.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea the ratio, but I'm not thinking of folding, I just want to know the best line to extract without making bets that only get called by a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line is fine once in a while vs. a strong aggro regular opponent, but not too often otherwise he will (or at least should) start raising your CBets with air a lot more.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM

bet 35 or 50, call a shove
Old 04-23-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you check the flop OOP after raising pre against this guy? Does he float you or raise your cbets a lot? That kind of history has a huge impact on whether your flop play is good or not.

[/ QUOTE ]