Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Protein Shakes and Fat burning?

cool thx for the advice, i just ordered 5lb of ON 100% whey.

so is the consensus that i should just drink one scoop in the morning and one scoop after workouts? or should i be drinking more like 5 scoops over the entire day?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:50 PM

Depends on the rest of your diet. Start by doing 2 scoops after your workout and see how you do on that. No need to go nuts with protein powders if you don't eat right to begin with.

Whats your diet like?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Having a glass of choc milk w/sweetarts might actually be better PWO than a straight protein shake. For PWO you'll want a malto/dextrose in your drink.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 PM

i've been trying to eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Cherry tomatoes are awesome, u just wash them in the container they come in and make a great snack. I've also been eating a lot of cold cuts like turkey, 98% fat free ham, and low fat cheese. Usually i make a sandwich out of them with whole wheat bread and mustard. ermm wut else..... i try to drink a lot of water. occasionally (once a weekish) i have a burrito bol from chipotle. chicken, rice, pinto beans, green and corn salsa, lettuce and cheese.

I have a feeling i'm gunna get tired of this type of food after a few more weeks. I love food and really enjoy variety. If anyone has good healthy recipes for a college student with only access to a microwave, i'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 PM

eat some oatmeal dude...the quaker lean ones with extra protein have many yummy flavors--maple & brown sugar, bannana bread, cinnamon---without much sugar

easy to make in a microwave
Old 09-28-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having a glass of choc milk w/sweetarts might actually be better PWO than a straight protein shake. For PWO you'll want a malto/dextrose in your drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chocolate milk and sweet tarts? What the crap? Milk --> lactose. Lactose replenishes glycogen, to be sure, but not muscle glycogen...you know that.

Gatorade powder is dextrose and maltodextrin, or you can use oatmeal if you prefer complex carbs post-workout. I've seen convincing arguments for both sides and it all comes down to your body type and what you respond best to.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chocolate milk and sweet tarts? What the crap? Milk --> lactose. Lactose replenishes glycogen, to be sure, but not muscle glycogen...you know that.

Gatorade powder is dextrose and maltodextrin, or you can use oatmeal if you prefer complex carbs post-workout. I've seen convincing arguments for both sides and it all comes down to your body type and what you respond best to.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very basic. You should know that?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a burrito bol from chipotle. chicken, rice, pinto beans, green and corn salsa, lettuce and cheese.

[/ QUOTE ] add guac(if you dont mind $1.40 charge) and try to get it with no cheese.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very basic. You should know that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lactose is terrible for you overall...causes subcutaneous fat to be stored giving you a puffy, soft look. I agree with you that you need carbs post-workout but suggesting chocolate milk and sweet tarts is just ridiculous.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lactose is terrible for you overall...causes subcutaneous fat to be stored giving you a puffy, soft look.

[/ QUOTE ] wow so how much milk is too much?