Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: How did life begin?

[ QUOTE ]
Your a Christian? How stupid are you, don't you know thats impossible and the existance of God hasnt been proven.

I for one and smart enough to know that cause its not be proven its not possible.

Of course the universe just started out of nowhere and there was nothing before it, thats the only logical explanation. Lots of randoms and monkeys, etc.

Big Bang Boom = Universe

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you abused by atheists or scientists as a kid? Show me where anyone has said the things you claim to have been told.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your a Christian? How stupid are you, don't you know thats impossible and the existance of God hasnt been proven.

I for one and smart enough to know that cause its not be proven its not possible.

Of course the universe just started out of nowhere and there was nothing before it, thats the only logical explanation. Lots of randoms and monkeys, etc.

Big Bang Boom = Universe

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you abused by atheists or scientists as a kid? Show me where anyone has said the things you claim to have been told.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just the last 24 hours, lol.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Big Bang Boom = Universe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And again, dodging the question. I am nearly certain that no one on this forum has told you that your religious beliefs are impossible.

The fact that you discriminate between your set of beliefs with no support whatsoever and some other set of beliefs with no support whatsoever is entirely up to you. Its just when you present them as if they had any validity whatsoever that you run into dissention.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Big Bang Boom = Universe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And again, dodging the question. I am nearly certain that no one on this forum has told you that your religious beliefs are impossible.

The fact that you discriminate between your set of beliefs with no support whatsoever and some other set of beliefs with no support whatsoever is entirely up to you. Its just when you present them as if they had any validity whatsoever that you run into dissention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the difference between an agnostic and an athiest sir? And what type of Athiest do you consider yourself to be?

As far as your question, thats the impression I get, tell me where it says anybody here says its possible(who is an athiest). I must of skipped that part or forgot it, im not gonna reread all the posts, ha..
Old 02-20-2007, 08:15 PM

I should ask are you a gnostic athiest? An agnostic athiest? a gnostic theist?, etc.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Big Bang Boom = Universe

[/ QUOTE ]

SitNHit..a friendly suggestion..

you really need to take your time when writing..it's very hard to understand your english..I have close to no clue what any of this post is supposed to mean..

that's not a hate on you..just a warning that people may (and I think already are) misunderstanding your points because it is not worded correctly.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 PM

Believe me I know, sometimes I read what I type and am mystified. I dont know what it is but I will be more careful and run in grammer and spell check on word. I appreciate the critique.

I agree that lots of things are being misunderstood cause of it.

Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:41 PM

There's no currently satisfying explanation of the origin of the first cells. I can imagine how it could happen, though. From my limited understanding, I think it would be sufficient if the first cells had a lipid wall (easy), with working ion pumps (possible) embedded in the wall to automatically maintain cell pressure/integrity. These "cells" could have been produced in a number of microsites, such as the microscopic spaces in a porous structure. Introduce replicating molecules into the cell (easy) that can produce protein-like substances to automatically perform various functions (pre-RNA type molecules such as simple self replicating polymers could easily be formed in the early earth), and you have the beginnings of life.

That's not to say any of this proven, or even plausible. But you can roughly sketch how it could work.

Most of evolution requires a strong imagination to intuitively join the dots and grasp the way events occur. For example, I can propose a credible path as to how an eye could evolve from a flat patch of light sensitive cells. Those who can't see the eye as impossible or irreducibly complex, which is amusing.

[ QUOTE ]
Life is immensely complex, far more so than a 747, requiring as many as 200 proteins each made up of a string of 100+ amino acids for even the simplest form of life.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not exactly. Don't forget there are a large number of ways to make a cell - what you see today is just a handful at the end of 3 billion years of evolution. What you're doing is analagous to looking at a computer today, and wondering how they could ever have made a computer with the technology they had in 1950. Obviously they couldn't, so the first computers must have been made by aliens/God!

Things can start from very simple beginnings and accumulate changes over a long period of time. If you can visualize a blob of liquid surround by a lipid wall (very doable) with ion pumps in the cell wall made from simple proteins, you're on your way to imagining the first cells.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Big Bang Boom = Universe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the difference between an agnostic and an athiest sir? And what type of Athiest do you consider yourself to be?

As far as your question, thats the impression I get, tell me where it says anybody here says its possible(who is an athiest). I must of skipped that part or forgot it, im not gonna reread all the posts, ha..

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, there is a difference? We have about a thread/week about the difference, so if I said I was crystal clear on it I'd be lying. I don't consider myself an atheist, really, except when the situation calls for it. The terms mean different things in different contexts. I am an atheist in the same sense I am an a-unicornist, but I am not an atheist in the sense that I am 100% and have faith in the idea that no type of God can possibly exist.

What type of atheist are you talking about? Do you find that the type who claims 'it is 100% impossible that any type of God can exist' actually exists? I've never met such an atheist, although I'm not surprised to find thats what your religious elders have conditioned you to expect. Its a useful strawman when your position is vulnerable.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
although I'm not surprised to find thats what your religious elders have conditioned you to expect. Its a useful strawman when your position is vulnerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a gnostic or agnostic point of view? Cause I can tell you for sure that never in church have we ever discussed what an athiest is, at least to what I can remember.

Yes there is a difference,
The Gnostic Athiest knows there is or isnt a God.

The Agnostic athiest has a belief there is no God but admitting they just don't know.