Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Re: First time in Vegas/America......Nightlife primer?

For fun goto Pure. It's expensive 30, drinks are expensive (17 for a RB w/ Vodka), and the floor is crowded but the eye candy is the best around town. There is also a girls line so their aren't 3 guys for every girl.

For dancing Rain at the Palms is pretty solid. There dance floor is pretty large although you can probally find more around town.

But it's probally a recommendation to get drunk before you go b/c the tab at the Bar can add up mighty quickly.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:37 PM

why is that strip club so worth it?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where can I go to checkout some good live music? My music tastes are mega broad, i love everything from old school rock n' roll to punk rock, from blues to hip-hop! I've heard talk of duelling piano bars? Those sounds fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the Fontina lounge in the Bellagio. There is a band that plays there most nights called Isis. They do great covers of a wide range of music (off the top of my head I heard them do U2, Pink Floyd, Sheryl Crow, Boston, Bon Jovi, Queen, Alanis Morrisette, Journey, Van Morrison, Evanesence, and many others during my last couple trips) and the club overlooks the fountains. Great place to chill for a while. No cover either.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 PM

House of Blues in Mandalay bay
Old 06-15-2006, 05:20 PM

As a non-tourist place, I love Tommy Rockers.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are some of my reasons in no particular order.

1) The girls are hot and there is a big variety of white, black, asian, russian, ukranian, tall and skinny, short and stacked, etc. So you will find your type.

2) The girls are very friendly and are not as pushy as a lot of strip clubs. You actually get some time to relax and watch the show instead of getting hammered constantly for private dances.

3) The waitresses are incredible. Some of the best service that I've received at ANY bar or club. Friendly, fast, and don't whore for tips.

4) Great layout. The club is big, but the seating is arranged well with a lot of good views of the main stage. The other half of the club has good views of the secondary stages so you are never far from the action like a lot of clubs. There are 2 bars at opposite sides, so if you do have to go to the bar there it's usually quick and fast and you don't have to fight through a mob to get there.

5) All the staff (managers, bartenders, waitresses, dancers, etc) are very open and will handle special requests if possible.

6) Very clean. I've been in some swanky strip clubs, but this looks more like a nice nightclub that happens to have hot dancers.

The only real complaint that I have is that the music was way too loud, but this seems to be a problem at most strip clubs that I've ever been to. If you're there with other people, conversations are a pain in the ass.

I was there with my SO and she loved the club. It was higher class and she didn't feel uncomfortable with a lot of greasy old men gauking at her. She also got very friendly with one of the dancers which was a big plus for me.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Spearmint Rhino and its not even close. If you arrive by taxi, they will charge you $20 or $30 cover though. $8 beers, $20 laps, $200 VIP half hours. It's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Even I had a good time there; the girls are **very** open minded and friendly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Shauna
Old 06-16-2006, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Check out the Fontina lounge in the Bellagio. There is a band that plays there most nights called Isis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering where they've been since the storm. They used to jam at the Beau Rivage every week.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- What sort of prices to the clubs charge for entry/booze?

[/ QUOTE ]

Expensive. Really expensive. $20-50 cover, $12 for beer $15-20 for mixed drinks.

[ QUOTE ]

- Where can i dance like a drunken fool?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Anywhere you want. Really. Cept maybe in the middle of the street.

[ QUOTE ]

- Good bar recomendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Multiple in every hotel.

[ QUOTE ]

- Strip bars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spearmint Rhino and its not even close. If you arrive by taxi, they will charge you $20 or $30 cover though. $8 beers, $20 laps, $200 VIP half hours. It's worth it.

[ QUOTE ]

- Where can I go to checkout some good live music? My music tastes are mega broad, i love everything from old school rock n' roll to punk rock, from blues to hip-hop! I've heard talk of duelling piano bars? Those sounds fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are the piano bars at Harrahs and I think at NYNY.
They are generally free provided you drink there. I'd hit the new club outside IP...beach rockhouse or something. They have a midget KISS coverband. And then stroll over to Harrahs. The piano bar is just to the left of the entrance. Come to think of it, they also have a large area just outside Harrahs that has cover bands. Also there are free cover bands on the Fremont Street Experience on Friday and Saturday nights.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does the $200 buy?