Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Amazing what my class had to say about 9/11

Well the US funded and trained Osama during the Afghan war with the soviets, so there is a historical link to working with the US.

It doesnt take a L Ron Hubbard degree of imagination to come up with a good narrative from there to now.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:48 AM

It's so hard to argue with people who are that stupid. My head hurts just thinking about it. Time to lie down.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the US funded and trained Osama during the Afghan war with the soviets, so there is a historical link to working with the US.

It doesnt take a L Ron Hubbard degree of imagination to come up with a good narrative from there to now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The U.S. funded many mujahadeen groups, but not Osama. He is a member of one of the richest families in the known universe.

From the Council on Foreign Relations website:

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn’t bin Laden on America’s side in Afghanistan in the 1980s?

Yes and no. The United States and bin Laden supported the Afghan resistance, but for different reasons. Containing Communism was the U.S. government's top priority. It gave support to the mujahadeen through the Pakistani ISI military intelligence service, which decided how to apportion aid among resistance groups. Bin Laden wanted to expel the atheist Soviets and install a fundamentalist Islamic regime. While CIA case officers knew of bin Laden's existence, the U.S. had no direct ties to his operations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

..70% not sure if it was planned by our govt or not! They are [censored] retarded and somebody should have said so.

[/ QUOTE ]

to students get this "government did it idea" more from the media or school?, either way it's sad.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

..70% not sure if it was planned by our govt or not! They are [censored] retarded and somebody should have said so.

[/ QUOTE ]

to students get this "government did it idea" more from the media or school?, either way it's sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's somewhat a natural offshoot of 18-22 year olds not wanting to believe anything the government says. Combine this with copious amounts of drugs and alcohol and the "theories" presented in Loose Change make sense.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:12 AM

Next time, tape record the class, send it out to fox news, profit off the noteriety and make a quick buck off thier ignorance.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was amazed too, but for probably different reasons than everyone else who has and will post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate on those reasons?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:32 AM

Teacher did a poor job. Obv he has most of the kids on the same page as him and his goal should be to force them to flesh out their arguments and respond intelligently to other opinions.

For instance, why would OBL be working for the FBI? Even if he was working for a US agency it would almost certainly be CIA or some clandestine DOD subproject. He should be asking her for examples of other times the USA has sponsored regional thugs or extremists to back up her claims.

He should also point out that expecting people to simply 'learn a lesson' from 9/11 is ridiculous; even when our tolerance for violence on our shores and civilian casualties is 'out of whack' with what people experience in the parts of the world we tend to drop bombs on, that doesn't change that people who are used to peace are going to get pissed when even a few of them get killed. Expecting otherwise is not rational and making that argument shows total ignorance for the way people actually think about the world.

Part of the reason some of the valid arguments about US culpability in 9/11 are so poorly made is that students are basically parroting their teachers, who don't teach them to look at other sides of the debate, anticipate counterpoints and put themselves in the shoes of the regular people they are trying to convince.

NT
Old 09-12-2006, 10:35 AM

This girl sounds like an ill informed sheep. There are always sheep on both sides. Thinking, objective people are few and far between. The sad thing is, most of you are sheep. The only difference between you and her is the sheppard you chose to blindly follow.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This girl sounds like an ill informed sheep. There are always sheep on both sides. Thinking, objective people are few and far between. The sad thing is, most of you are sheep. The only difference between you and her is the sheppard you chose to blindly follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

thankyou for enlightening us, oh wise one.

And FWIW, there are a lot more posters here that come to conclusions through logic, arguments and evidence than people I know in real life. Pretty bold comment for you to make.