Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: I don\'t understand his flop action

Well, I thought his line just didn't make sense on the flop, so I thought there was a good chance I'd be able win later. I got extra weirded out when, after all that flop action, he checked this turn:

BTN: $83.20
SB: $84.20
BB: $56
UTG: $38.15
MP: $96.50
Hero (CO): $58.65

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.45) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($22.45) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [ 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ] (2 Players)
MP checks,
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM

Now you check behind and fold the river UI, whereas before you could have folded the flop. Your hand is nothing on the flop and a lot of your "outs" are counterfiet hearts. You must check this turn behind and fold the river UI. If you want to win the pot, shove over his river bet (and lose a lot to his flush, but fold out his 2pr/set type hands).
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM

that line is mostly a monster like a set or possibly even a straight so I would act accordingly
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM

Either villain has made a straight flush, has a set and will just c/c the rest of the way, or just had one of his straight cards counterfeited and is scared of that card. In any case I don't think you're ever ahead here and should just check through.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:00 PM

OK, the consensus here is pretty clear.

In the actual hand, I ended up stacking his K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I wasn't thinking too clearly when I played the hand .. I just got convinced he was sketchy based on the flop/turn. Afterwards, I had a hard time believing I played well against his range, and it looks like I'm right about that.

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 PM

You got the other 80% of your stack in with him on the 4 straight 3 flush board?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You got the other 80% of your stack in with him on the 4 straight 3 flush board?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I boated up on the super-lucky 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river.
I still think my play in this hand was a disaster, so feel free to berate me. You'll be preaching to the choir [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Edit: fixed river card
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I boated up on the super-lucky 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river.
I still think my play in this hand was a disaster, so feel free to berate me. You'll be preaching to the choir [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it's a split since the deck contained 2 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I boated up on the super-lucky 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it's a split since the deck contained 2 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

oops [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i fixed it just as you were replying. it was a 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:16 PM

Wow, villain played that all kinds of bad... so did you though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]