Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Q8s in SB.

Why are you guys so keen on folding preflop we have a min raise from MP and a call from BTN, its .75 more to call and we have a fine hand to see a cheap flop with. There is absolutely positvely no reason to fold this unless we are aiming to play a 10/8 game. Folding the flop is equally as silly, we are drawing to the third nuts with backdoor draws. If MP comes back over the top for a substantially large amount of money then I can fold but I am not to worried about calling 3$ then folding to a re raise.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 PM

I don't even know where to begin. So are you calling any suited for a raise from the sb? I really doubt calling Q8 here can be profitable because of your position. I think betting 10 and folding for 10 more on that river is beyond awful. Button could easily have a worse flush.. or JQ etc, if he is a donk.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:10 PM

i can see both arguments for calling and folding preflop.

my decision in this situation entirely depends on table dynamics and the opponent(s).
Old 08-01-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can see both arguments for calling and folding preflop.

my decision in this situation entirely depends on table dynamics and the opponent(s).

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. you have to call a minraise if you're going to bet river. if anything, it's bad for your image to fold.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even know where to begin. So are you calling any suited for a raise from the sb? I really doubt calling Q8 here can be profitable because of your position. I think betting 10 and folding for 10 more on that river is beyond awful. Button could easily have a worse flush.. or JQ etc, if he is a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is bad advice IMO, c/c this river is okay but betting out here is a better play IMO. By villians action on turn its pretty easy to deduce he has a somewhat strong hand and is obvisouly concerned about a flush. I gave him odds to call and spike a FH which he almost certainly did. Folding to this min raise on the river is not awful, calling it is. Also, calling with Q8s is different than calling with Q4s as Q8s is loosely connected. Cheers.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:20 PM

calling getting 5:1 when he could easily have something like 56c, maybe he has a J, and thinks he's ahead of your A now. If he shoves I think you might make a case for a fold.. but folding for $10 more is very bad
Old 08-01-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling getting 5:1 when he could easily have something like 56c, maybe he has a J, and thinks he's ahead of your A now. If he shoves I think you might make a case for a fold.. but folding for $10 more is very bad

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess we have different opinions of what is bad and what is good then. I would have to be right ~15% of the time which I dont think I would be. So I folded.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:59 PM

i'd fold pf, i doubt its profitable to call here, its only .75... but yur hands [censored] and you're oop

i'd prolly lead turn, but i dont mind a c/r, just make it bigger

BTN is clearly crap.. he minraises on a v.drawy flop, then minbets turn in a $13 pot. when he raises the river you're likely beat but getting such good odds against an idiot i think foldings a mistake. this guy can so easily have a lower flush or more probably a J
Old 08-01-2007, 08:08 PM

River is a super easy call unless you have a very good read. There is no reason to think he can't have a hand like KcJx or a lower flush some of the time.

Preflop is meh. You're going to be drawing OOP most of the time and will have a hard time getting much value from your hand as you saw this time around.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:36 PM

PF call is not that bad.
I definetely bet the turn, and I agree button is CRAP.
You have to call the river, by the way hes played it shows hes got not much of a clue of what hes doing, so very likely he is raising a jack here, lower flush (less likely).
5.5-1 odds are way to good.