Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Double barreling

awsome post. very good read.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:23 PM

thanks orange.

i'm not convinced about auto-firing in the final example though.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:32 PM

orange, I hate the 4th example. Definitely bad to bet there with double gutter+backdoor flush draw. If dude's aggro he's gunna push fairly often and a lot of hands just improved (like 88/T8). Mind you if he's calling the flop with hands like T8 and he's a tag he's more likely to fold the turn, but I hate betting there cuz some of the time ur gunna get shoved on with 14 outs and not be able to call, [censored] :/

All the other hands are pretty standard for me. The AK on the 88x2r board I find I have to triple barrell somewhat often versus some regulars....versus guys who are obviously playing back a lot I dunno if I like bet/bet/bet cuz they just don't give up (thinking of a specific villian who I wanted to strangle lol....)

sucks I figured out the others like 3 months ago :/ on my own....
Old 08-20-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
orange, I hate the 4th example. Definitely bad to bet there with double gutter+backdoor flush draw. If dude's aggro he's gunna push fairly often and a lot of hands just improved (like 88/T8). Mind you if he's calling the flop with hands like T8 and he's a tag he's more likely to fold the turn, but I hate betting there cuz some of the time ur gunna get shoved on with 14 outs and not be able to call, [censored] :/

All the other hands are pretty standard for me. The AK on the 88x2r board I find I have to triple barrell somewhat often versus some regulars....versus guys who are obviously playing back a lot I dunno if I like bet/bet/bet cuz they just don't give up (thinking of a specific villian who I wanted to strangle lol....)

sucks I figured out the others like 3 months ago :/ on my own....

[/ QUOTE ]

T8 and tag dont really mix.

I would expect him to raise sets and 2p on the flop nearly always if he's tag.

instead, as in the second example, i would think he either has a draw or mid pair or a weak tp or soemthing
Old 08-20-2007, 03:39 PM

the example is rlly general orange. I guess he rarely has an overpair cuz of no RR preflop and there aren't a ton of strong hands he's calling the flop with unless he's intending to float. At the same time I've tried check/raising all in a similar spot blind vs button and get snapped by like QTo. In that case I wouldn't think the guy was folding to a turn bet either....

I'm guessing if you were IP you would never bet the turn there. Like if hand had went villian bets we call, and then he checks the turn...

edit: I guess my point is this situation doesn't come up that often because standard tags don't cold call very often/play any pots without the initiative preflop.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Great post orange.

If I have been forced by a thinking player to fold the turn several times (I cbet flop even though I miss and check turn unimproved, they bet, I fold) I will start to mix my play up a little. One way is to double barrel. Villains are happy to get out of the way when they think you will only bet turn with a made hand. This mixes up our play and makes us less easy to read.

Another very effective tool is to use the turn check raise with a strong hand to balance out the times we use bet/bet/bet lines and times where we miss the turn and check.

+EV
Old 08-21-2007, 05:15 PM

Great post orange, I just recently started a thread whose purpose was discussing double and triple barreling. Very informative, thank you.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:08 PM

It's helpful to set PAHud to display the fold to flop bet, fold to turn bet, and fold to river bet stats. You can ID floaters and other double barrel candidates this way. I have this as combined stat 3 on my HUD.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:30 PM

Very helpful post, ty ^^