Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: $16 - AJs vs LAGG on bubble

I have The_Venetian at 15/13 over 1359 hands and albatross77 at 14/8 over smaller sample.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:22 PM

I'm shoving here. I don't like spewing 300 chips by calling and c/f every missed flop. Also if we do hit, since it's the bubble, we won't be able to extract that much value for fear of busting. Unless we flop absolutely huge we can't be confident in our hand, BTN opener can have a better ace and such.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm shoving here. I don't like spewing 300 chips by calling and c/f every missed flop. Also if we do hit, since it's the bubble, we won't be able to extract that much value for fear of busting. Unless we flop absolutely huge we can't be confident in our hand, BTN opener can have a better ace and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasoning that he could have a better ace supports calling preflop not shoving. If you call preflop here and hit top pair you basically should be playing for stacks. I call generally, though against someone super aggressive I would just go ahead and shove.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:37 PM

I meant to say that he does have a wide opening range here, but if we do hit, we are playing passively and won't be comfortable playing for stacks b/c it's the bbl. Openers aggressiveness can cause us to muck the best hand.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:20 PM

If he's LAG don't we want to take advantage of the fact that he's raising a ton by pushing here? I think calling is not great because we have to c/f like 2/3 of the time when we don't hit TPTK, and even if we do hit TPTK, he might just give up and we can't stack him because he backs off. His random hand or medium pp or whatever is not calling OTB when the flop is A72 and we are happy. I like to push here.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:25 PM

its still the bubble, he still knows that, even if hes dumb hes not going to call with a ton of his opening range here when hero shoves because its gotta be so friggin wide.

unless all of you are going to start c/r whiffed flops or leading into him on good flops, i really dont think its so clear cut that calling>reraising
Old 11-18-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's LAG don't we want to take advantage of the fact that he's raising a ton by pushing here? I think calling is not great because we have to c/f like 2/3 of the time when we don't hit TPTK, and even if we do hit TPTK, he might just give up and we can't stack him because he backs off. His random hand or medium pp or whatever is not calling OTB when the flop is A72 and we are happy. I like to push here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2007, 06:18 PM

If he's lag we also have an advantage if we flop hard, namely, he's going to CB a whole lot, making us lots of chips when we flop good and go for the CRAI.
Stacks are so beaut for CRAI imho.