Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: NL50 Monster flop

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably check/raising here because I don't think leading at this pot will get any callers. If that fails then lead the turn.

You're not making any money here unless your opponent has an ace or a queen or is a total wanker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on the second point. However that's exactly why I lead out here. A c/r screams Q-x and lets villains with A-x get away from their hand. Villains with Q-x and AK will most likely call regardless.

Leading out also gives the PFR an opportunity to bluff-raise at the pot.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:05 PM

This depends a lot on how aggro your opponents are. If they are passive fish (likely) I probably just lead, if they are aggro fish I probably check/call or check/raise.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:34 PM

Given that they both min-raised preflop, I don't know how much I consider them "pre flop raisers" in the same sense as the CO raising to $2 and then BTN re-raising to $5 - $7. They could have a very wide range of hands here, and I don't expect them to have anything probably 90% of the time.

If you cream your pants everytime you flop a boat against passive donks you're going to get disappointed ... my line doesn't get max value against Ax hands, but it gets max value from jack high hands.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:54 PM

Agreed that they have a wide range of hands here, and certainly the line I'm proposing you are going to cause all non A-x and Q-x hands to fold, but I guess my feeling is if they are that passive and weak how likely is it that they will c-bet with air on that flop? I'm thinking not very likely.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:32 PM

I played that way but wasn't satisfy at all :

Flop: ($5) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($11) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, CO calls $3.00, BTN calls $3.00

River: ($29) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $47.48</font>, 2 folds

pot sized bet all way might work but I started by slowplaying my hands because I was almost sure one of them will takes the lead and I wanted to win something with my hands even if it's small. I made the minraise on the turn b/c they both minraise.. a kind of dedicace... Finally I Tried to hit the jackpot since there was some money in the pot but...

Maybe a bigger raise on the turn or a smallish bet on river or lead all way at all was better. Any thought ?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played that way but wasn't satisfy at all :

Flop: ($5) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($11) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, CO calls $3.00, BTN calls $3.00

River: ($29) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $47.48</font>, 2 folds

pot sized bet all way might work but I started by slowplaying my hands because I was almost sure one of them will takes the lead and I wanted to win something with my hands even if it's small. I made the minraise on the turn b/c they both minraise.. a kind of dedicace... Finally I Tried to hit the jackpot since there was some money in the pot but...

Maybe a bigger raise on the turn or a smallish bet on river or lead all way at all was better. Any thought ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the min-raise on the turn.... if you want to make money, that's the time to do it.

Pot sits at $17 by the time it gets to you... if you raise it to $15 they're still getting 2:1 to call, and the second caller is doing even better. Even if you get 1 caller the pot at the river sits at $44... so now your push is a lot smaller compared to the pot and more likely to be called.

you got 30$ in the pot by the river, which i didn't think could be done
bet for value on the river something like 15ish, getting a call is fairly important here, turn your big hand into big profit

EDIT: bet more on the turn too, didn't notice the minraise, then you can still value bet the river, but for more cash

First off fold pre-flop.

Second off check call flop is fine I think. I think check raise turn is also fine, but the raise has to be to at the very very least 16. Make it a little more than 16 and shoving the river isn't very hard.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 PM

I think this might be a perfect case for a strange line. W/o reads, it's tough to say however.

c/c flop is fine I think. I might donk the turn once I see that we've got two players in and it's multiway now.

I half pot donk of $6 or so will let other hands read you for a weakish blocker and call or raise if they've got a piece (which at least one should.) It also lets you build a pot for the river. There's the chance that someone's hit a draw or a come into a draw and they'll come along.

I don't mind a c/r on the turn either, but it's gotta be bigger than a min-raise -- and of course then you're giving away that you have a monster. That's why I'm in the donk it out mode.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding preflop is way way too tight as this limit with a minraise then min reraise
doesn't hardly means anything IMO