Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Ever had a case of mistaken sexuality/gender?

Yeah, should have put it in the Lounge to start with. GambleGamble has kindly moved it here.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:58 AM

Me and my girlfriend get greeted by people/workers in ways like "How can I help you ladies?" This last happened at a Best Buy in Oregon. I was bundled up cause it was winter and cold, and I am a wimpy southern california boy, so I probably had a very 'generic' looking figure. Kinda funny, but not too bad. My hair was about shoulder length.

A couple of days ago I get my hair trimmed, and the salon lady is combing my hair out and getting ready to cut, and another worker asks how "that woman" is cutting her hair. I simply reply and say "I am a male." Kinda funny. She was standing a bit behind me, and my hair was combed while wet, so it was a full two inches past my shoulders...but still, come on, she was RIGHT THERE BEHIND ME. LITERALLY 1 FOOT AWAY.

Perhaps the funniest time was at Jury Duty. All us jurors have shuffled into the courtroom where the judge is asking if we are available to serve. I am in the last row, closest to the door of the courtroom, and the judge is wearing reading glasses. When it is my turn to address the judge, he begins with "and you ma'am?". It was definitely the funniest occurence, because the entire courtroom is full, and everyone is being very quite while the judge speaks. So they all got a good laught outta that one. Again, hair almost shoulder length.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:25 AM

After high school, I did a few shows with a community theater group. Not many guys did that stuff, and 90% of the guys who did, were gay. But my homophobia stuck out like a thumb, and nobody made any moves on me (I've since gotten over the homophobia, and some of those guys became my closest friends).

There was one guy named Jim, and we got along great. I was a sports nut at that time, and Jim and I would always talk about the local teams, or boxing, or whatever sport was in season.

About a year after I got to know him, I found out he was gay, too. I never would've guessed.

I worked with a girl named Mary once, whom EVERYONE thought was a guy. Everywhere we went, people would address her as pal, sir, buddy, son, young man, etc.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:39 AM

I told the girl at the supermaket thanks man when I was done getting checked out.

My wife told me that was a girl as we walked to the car. Well that girl is probably a lesbian trying to look butch. She was probably stoked that I said that.

Either way who cares what she thought.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:47 PM

i was a bartender at a gay bar for six months. i got hit on virtually every night by other guys. the tips were awesome.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:19 PM

C'mon, DB, fess up. You had a personal story of being mistaken in mind but you were too stiff-upper-lippy to share! When you get over your hom*sexual panic, I expect a trip report.

Growing up on Guam, the locals just called everyone who was white a f*g automatically, so I guess I was called that too many thousands of times to count just by virtue of being alive.

I have had a gay guy tell me he wished I was gay. We were actually just friends and got along real well. He was actually a pretty cool guy. But, *sigh* some things were just not meant to be.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I am a very dudely kind of guy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, one time in Red Lobster when I was about twelve the waiter called me 'Miss.' I had very long hair.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh ...
Old 07-16-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, DB, fess up. You had a personal story of being mistaken in mind but you were too stiff-upper-lippy to share!

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 14, I bunked off school to go see 'Life Of Brian'.

I went alone, and some old guy came and sat next to me - in a virtually empty cinema. Then he sort of started moving, like rubbing shoulder to shoulder. I moved.

That's about it. sorry.

Oh, and there was that time when I...awww, you don't wanna hear that.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I am a very dudely kind of guy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, one time in Red Lobster when I was about twelve the waiter called me 'Miss.' I had very long hair.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I was about 12. The other example was current.

And even when I was a long-haired hippie I still don't see why I'd be mistaken for a girl, I was way too dirty.

NT
Old 07-16-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, DB, fess up. You had a personal story of being mistaken in mind but you were too stiff-upper-lippy to share!

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 14, I bunked off school to go see 'Life Of Brian'.

I went alone, and some old guy came and sat next to me - in a virtually empty cinema. Then he sort of started moving, like rubbing shoulder to shoulder. I moved.

That's about it. sorry.

Oh, and there was that time when I...awww, you don't wanna hear that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean that time you were giving that guy the BJ and he thought you might be gay?

What is it with guys like that anyway, always leaping to conclusions?