Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Romanians at the traffic lights

[ QUOTE ]
You can tell a Romanian by looking at him? How?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fangs and aversion to light are a good clue.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:39 PM

the sick thing is, if they were from a country where everyone had dark skin you'd be a racist, but since they aren't nobody has a problem with people calling them scum
Old 05-21-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the sick thing is, if they were from a country where everyone had dark skin you'd be a racist, but since they aren't nobody has a problem with people calling them scum

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there has been a blanket generalisation as such, and like I said, the Romanians that I have contact with on a daily basis are lovely. The gypsy-type ones that accost you would not be out of place however in a stagnent pond.

I was once in Barcelona with my Italian girlfriend at the time. We were in a smart cafè having a coffee, when two Romanian kids, a boy and a girl around the ages of ten, accosted us at our table. They were unbelievably aggressive. The boy placed a cardboard sign on the table with something written on it. While the girl tried to distract us he was trying to go for our valuables which were on the table and now under the cardboard sign. I knew what was up and I blocked him, however. The whole time they were literally screaming at us to give them something. It was incredible. In the end I had to stand up and physically threaten two ten year olds to get them to piss off. Finally, after about five minutes of this they slunk off.

The cafè was packed at the time. Nobody moved to help us. The staff didn't bat an eyelid. They made Africa seem downright homely.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you leveling? This is all very obvious racism and for whatever reason 2+2 will ban people for making a joke about blacks but will allow blatant racism against gypsies. LDO, Mason hates gypsies.