Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Blind Steal VS TAG

[ QUOTE ]
I would usually raise the turn, but if you think he would fold dominated hands against you then you played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding to a 3 bet? I rather just call/call, as it gets you to a guaranteed showdown. Since there is a draw and you are passive, he may fire a 3rd barrel with air, thinking you were on the draw. So you don't really miss value.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would usually raise the turn, but if you think he would fold dominated hands against you then you played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding to a 3 bet? I rather just call/call, as it gets you to a guaranteed showdown. Since there is a draw and you are passive, he may fire a 3rd barrel with air, thinking you were on the draw. So you don't really miss value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't fold to a 3 bet on this drawy board. It's likely I'm overplaying this since I don't play 1/2 fullring.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:08 PM

I think this ways played too passive, we need to raise the flop to give us a better idea of where we stand. It's possible he even fold the best hand here with 88 or 99. If he just calls he probably has 2 overs, if he reraises he could have A10 or an overpair. Another thing to look at is we can use this "apparent" flush draw on the flop to our advantage. Odds are HU he's not on a flush draw, so if we use the free card play and spike a heart on the river he probably won't bet out even if it helped him. (This is assuming the opponent knows the free card play). Playing more aggressively we can save bets to see a cheap showdown, or if he plays back at us we can release the hand before showdown, again saving bets.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Blind Steal VS TAG (Result if you\'d like to be results oriented)

I'm amazed and happy that this hand generated this much discussion.

He had AA