Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Sigh..

[ QUOTE ]
when was the last time you called a min-raise on the river without the nuts and won the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree that in this case, Hero is almost never good. But I have found that I have been winning showdowns a lot with medium-strong hands (top 2, low sets, small straights) that are not the nuts and are minraised on the river. Many villians (esp at 100NL) will spike two pair on the river and think "Sweet, I must be good, I am going to min-raise for value." Usually it is easy to drop a 1 pair hand, or better check it down, but I don't know if I agree with your blanket statement.

Then again, if it was just a little hyperbole, ignore this.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:13 AM

I said fold, but I don't like the size of your blocking bet. I think it should be a bit bigger. Make it look like you're not afraid of the flush.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I have found that I have been winning showdowns a lot with medium-strong hands (top 2, low sets, small straights) that are not the nuts and are minraised on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you got me - a more accurate statement would be "when was the last time you called a minraise on the river with one pair hand and won the pot?"

Although you gotta ask why you would flat call a river min-raise assuming you have more behind with a set? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]