Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: 100NL: Routine overpair shove on drawy board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thats my thought on it as well. Maybe its just varience, but so far on these flops Im always getting stacked with my overpairs to 2prs and sets. Problem is, I dunno how else to play them, since I end up getting stacked on safe turns as well, and folding seems out of the question. So I just keep on getting stacked and just blame it on being coolered, when really I just think im playing it crappy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to use what you have seen from villain. Anything such as how he played a draw? If he played some draw aggro lean towards calling. What if he just check called w/ a gutshot and flush draw? Well than lean towards folding. Have you been 3betting him all game or stealing pots from him? Lean towards calling. Have you not raised all session ? Lean towards folding. Has he just lost a big pot? Lean towards calling. I think too many people just get into a habbit of looking at the stats as their reads. Try playing some sessions without acehud, close some tables, and just take notes on players. Im not saying to quit 12 tabling just dont allow yourself to get lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I appreciate your time posting this advice, really what can we do? I am not going to start 2 tabling to get premiere reads on my opponents. I would much rather 6+ table and lower my quality of reads. In this case we can assume villain is a standard smart tag player I guess since his stats indicate he clearly has a clue. In fact, at 100NL and lower I have found watching closely doesn't even pay off since the opponents rotate in and out of the table very fast and I most likely won't ever see them again.