Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: NFL Week 8 Overlays

Carolina Panthers -224

Parcells has decided to go with Romo at QB this week. If you’ve watched Dallas this year then you know that Bledsoe is not the problem. Although he has made some bonehead plays, Dallas consistently leaves defenders unblocked, and the switch at QB will only hurt Dallas’s chances, for at least the short term. The center and QB are the only two players on offense that touch the ball on every play, and even though Romo is more mobile the Cowboys are going to have a tough go of it until everyone gels.

This is also a divisional sandwich game for Dallas. They played the Giants at home on MNF, and they go play the hated Redskins next week. Carolina, however, feel they were dealt a “bad beat” last week, and they want to get the bad taste out of their mouth heading into the bye.

This is one of those matchups that if you don’t take these psychological factors into account you’d have no bet. There is some value with taking Carolina -5, but more value is had with the money line. I would pay up to -285 with the Panthers in this matchup.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:52 PM

I agree with your psychological factors reasoning but I see it differently. The Monday game between the Giants and Dallas was both hard hiting and an emotionally intense divisional rivalry game. Those teams beat each other up, plain and simple.

Now they come off a short week and Dallas goes on the road against a tough team while starting a new QB. The Giants are at home laying big points against a not very good team. I can't see either of them being as ready for this week as they were for Monday night. I'm laying the 5 and taking Tampa with the points.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 AM

What do you thing about this lines? any thoughts? im putting all my month money on 8 lines but i don't know the best ones... cheers

(Texans/Titans) Titans -3
(Buccs/Giants) Buccs +9
(49ers/Bears) Under 42.5
(Cards/Packers) Packers -3.5
(Seahawks/Chiefs) Chiefs -6
(Reavens/Saints) Saints -2.5
(Steelers/Raiders) Steelers -9
(Colts/Broncos) Under 39.5
(Falcons/Bengals) Bengals -3.5
Old 10-27-2006, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you thing about this lines? any thoughts? im putting all my month money on 8 lines but i don't know the best ones... cheers

[/ QUOTE ]
You may want to consider not betting so many games. The only ones that I've bet are the Bengals and Packers. Probably staying away from all the others aside from the usual Wong teasers.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:38 AM

thanks 4 the feedback silentbob [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img],
im not so sure about this ones do:

(Buccs/Giants) Buccs +9
(49ers/Bears) Under 42.5
(Steelers/Raiders) Steelers -9

any thoughts?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:14 PM

It's not a matter of how many games you play, it's how you manage your money. I don't suggest you risk all of your money on any combination of games.

This shouldn't be a surprise, but I only like the plays I've made myself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With those guidelines then I'd go with Titans -3, Packers -3.5, Chiefs -6, Saints -2.5, IND/DEN UNDER, and Bengals -3.5 and cut the rest.