Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Getting the \'kick\' under the table....

lol @ location
Old 07-11-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I gave a girl a little nudge under the table once after a scare card hit the river, I bet, she folded and I show K high. She showed TPTK and looked really confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just evil, are you proud of yourself?

I was sitting next to a guy in the BB, I was in the SB. I was about to complete when he says to me that he's going to raise. So I fold and he raises. When I was playing with my wife she was about to call and the guy next to her whispers to her that he's going to raise.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:11 AM

Had this sort of thing happen a few times and always due to being friendly at table especially with the older ladies.

My favourite was one elderly lady, at the MGM, who told me in a whisper "you need to fold dear". I didn't really need to hear it from her to avoid her but I thought it was classic and she did have AA in fact as assumed.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:34 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
I gave a girl a little nudge under the table once after a scare card hit the river, I bet, she folded and I show K high. She showed TPTK and looked really confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you hit it?

rj
Old 07-11-2006, 12:27 PM

Had something similar happen. Dude to my right raised preflop and I called with pocket pair. I hit set. 3 or 4 people in the pot. Everyone checks to the raiser, he bets, i smooth call and as the action is going around to the rest of the players he says something like "I'm at the top of my game", which I interpreted to mean that he had top pair and maybe top kicker.

Anyway, one of the other guys pushes. Raiser to my right calls. Then I push on him. He looks confused, but eventually calls with top pair, top kicker. Set holds up and I scoop monster pot.

He didn't tip his hands to me the rest of the session.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:52 PM

I had this happen a few weeks ago at Borgata. A girl with whom I was chatting was sitting on my right, and she was fairly drunk. She would kick me under the table whenever she made a big hand and would also actually return some of my money if she beat me in a hand, she was also super-hot so I figured I had it pretty good the whole way around.

I didn't ask her to stop doing it and I don't know why anyone would. If someone wants to play poker and tell you what their cards are, why would this bother you. Take the money and shut up.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:47 PM

One time I was playing a 5/10 LHE game at Greektown in Detroit and someting like this happened to me. I had a complete smuck sitting next to me. I managed to river the nuts after it was checked down. He bet and I raised. He then reraised and whispers to me, "I've got a big hand." It didn't make any difference in the hand because I was going to reraise him until he was out of money, but I still choose to ignore him as if I hadn't heard him. I then made as little eye contact with him for the last hour or so he was at the table before he ran out of money.

You also have to realize that people who are doing things like this generally aren't serious about poker anyway, since they obviously wouldn't do that if they were. So I agree with just ignoring it. Use it to your advantage and just ignore the person, but don't reciprocate. If someone starts stroking their cock every time they pick up pocket aces, do you tell them to stop giving their hand away?
Old 07-11-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone starts stroking their cock every time they pick up pocket aces, do you tell them to stop giving their hand away?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can tell 'em to stop stroking cock. In any case: "deck change!"
Old 07-11-2006, 02:11 PM

I've had a "friend" whisper to me (he didn't see I had already mucked my hand.) There is also a guy who regularly waves off bets if he is heads up, particularly with a lady. His line is "I have elephant." There are other regulars who have tacit agreements to check down against each other heads up. Low limit live at Commerce attracts all kinds.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:19 PM

I had just been rivered for the 3rd time by the same player, a young kid, when I picked up QQ the next hand and flopped a set on a two diamond board. A couple of bets and raises later, we were at the river with a medium sized pot and the 3rd diamond hits. He bets into me... I contemplate for a while, and he flashes me both of his cards, diamonds.

I folded. Kid was up about 90BB in 8 hours of play, so I guess he didn't mind saving me a bet.